Ports being blocked by ubuntu

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 278 times. The last Post () by GeorgeXL.

• Hi guys, been struggling with this issue all day. Was using the automated installer by silverfox,got ubuntu 10.10 installed, the oscam and cccam script installed. However I have configured my ports on my router to point to the server, but when I check if the ports are open, I'm getting closed port errors at all times, I'm using 12000 for cccam and 34001 for oscam.

However the ports have got to be working because I had debian installed this morning (still have debian installed on a backup hard drive just incase), and it was working, only reason I'm trying ubuntu is due to the fact that the auto installer installs check scripts and logcleaning scripts - hassle free, I've edited the ufw to allow both ports. No avail however.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Ubuntu is not blocking ports, somewhere else is the problem. You should disable ufw and see if they work like this, maybe it's configured wrong.
    Have you started cccam and oscam already ? The portchecker will show them as opened only if you have traffic on them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!