VU+ Solo and Freesat from ***

There are 26 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,014 times. The last Post () by wabbitsquash.

• Good morning everyone,

I am a newbie to the satellite scene and a do know much about setting up these satellite receivers. so I apologise in advance for asking basic/stupid questions. Please be gentle with me :sun: .

Now, here is my situation -

1) I live in a block of flats that share a communal dish and a communal ariel.
    2) Even though there is a communal dish and a communal ariel, there is only one cable fed in to my flat. And I am not sure where its the satellite or ariel feed.
    2) I current have an old *** box (non HD) with a freesat card to watch freesat.
    3) I bought a VU+ solo 2 days ago. Installed BH 1.7.6 on it.
    4) I want to use my VU+ solo to watch freesat in HD.

Could someone please clarify whether -

1) the fact that I am able to watch freesat means that I have a feed from the communal dish and not the ariel?
    2) I can configure VU+ solo to watch freesat in HD/?

Thank you,
    WS

• Thanks for the confirmation s1m0nw. Appreciate it.

Ok, I inserted the freesat card in to the solo, plugged the satellite cable in the back and restarted the box. The box loads up, but there are no channels. I am guessing its not as straight forward as this to get freesat working on solo.

can anyone please point me in the right direction to a guide to setup solo for freesat?

Thank you.

• VU-tutorials/

Have a read through the section i have linked too

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Hi rikjaard-real,

I went through the vu-tutorials section but couldn't find anything that can help me solve my issue.

I found this tutorial - and tried to follow it. But couldn't get it to work.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you

• I think you need to start from the very beginning. Firstly, you don't need a card to watch freesat. If you have a sly card, then this will only get you one extra HD channel, that being 5HD, and a couple of other sd channels, but you won't need the card for the vast majority of the channels. Can you confirm first if you have got your receiver connected to the internet? this would be the first thing to do. Also, will probably give you a big leap forward if you install a backup image - so long as it is not a clone - install this;

http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…ady-backup-ten-below.html

follow the tutorials on how to install images.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Hi Musogeek,

as advised, I flashed my receiver with the backup image by Ten Below. And, viola, I get all the freesat channels as you indicated. I have connected the receiver to the internet and I can watch youtube videos now :) .

Can you please help further by advising how to get the rest of the FTA HD channels?

Thank you very very much

• Official Post

Which other FTA HD channels are not clearing ?

• one good thing is that if channel 5 HD is working then your card is working. Seems strange that no other HD channels will work as I expected you to say that 5HD was the one not working - that is a FTV channel - in other words it is 'free' but needs a sly card to clear it.

are there any SD channels that are not working?

• Hi Musogeek,

I just discovered that Channel4 HD is working too.

And, as far as i can tell all SD channels are working. Its the other 5 HD channels (BBC, ITV, ITV2, ITV3 and ITV4) that give a blank screen :(

Thank you helping me :)

• ITV2, ITV3 and ITV4 HD are not free to air like the SD channels are - so they wouldn't work, however you should be able to get BBCHD, BBC1 HD, and ITV1HD - I take it as you have the backup image installed you are using the catseye channel lists. In what way are you switching channels? You should press the down arrow, then press the blue button, and on the channel list, you need to find the $ky UK (28.2) channels, and as far as I recall there is a freesat or Free UK set, in there you should get working ITVHD and BBCHD channels.

• Hi Musogeek,

as per your advise, I switched boutiques ans used "*** UK FTA/Freesat SD/HD". I can now get ITV1 HD. But, everything I try to access BBC HD or BBC one HD, blackhole GUI crashes and restarts.

• getting there - wll have to pass on the BBC HD issue -something seems amiss but can't test it myself as I don't have that receiver - see if Ten Below will be able to shed light on that...

• Official Post

Hi Musogeek,

as per your advise, I switched boutiques ans used "*** UK FTA/Freesat SD/HD". I can now get ITV1 HD. But, everything I try to access BBC HD or BBC one HD, blackhole GUI crashes and restarts.

With every green screen you get a crashlog will be stored. Look there & you will see what is wrong.

• Hi Tenbelow,

I looked at the crash log but couldn't make much sense of it. I did a search for "error" in the crash log and here is the output -

./enigma2_crash_1347196998.log:RemovePopup, id = ZapError
    ./enigma2_crash_1347196998.log:RemovePopup, id = ZapError
    ./enigma2_crash_1347196998.log:KeyError: 3

Please let me know if you want to look at the actual crash log itself.

Thank you.

• Hi Tenbelow,

here is the full crash log -

Part 1 -

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!