Downgrading ViX Image/ Reflashing Problems

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,878 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Help Please!

Since using the 3.0 version of ViX on my Vu+ Solo I have had continual freezing of encrypted channels and so wished to go back to 2.4 which worked fine.

What I'm having an issue with is when I try to reflash my box down it's not having it. I place my USB stick in the box (I've used the stick numerous times so
    know it's formatted right), press reset on the back, I get a red button on the box but before the stick can do it's job, I get a green light on the box and it boots
    up with 3.0 every time. I read Cazuela's post elsewhere about trying an original ViX image before flashing with an image of choice but again I can't even flash
    an original version, it ignores the stick and boots up in 3.0.

Any ideas guys? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance. I really should be enjoying the sun outside but I need to get this
    sorted for tonight's boxing on Sly.

• Id reformat the stick or use another just to be sure.

Also check it is detecting the usb stick when it boots into Vix 3.0.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Cheers Banny,

Tried two formatted sticks but still boots up into 3.0. I've checked the image, it contains the kernel, reboot and root. Also both sticks are detected by the box after booting.
    I think I've sorted the freezing out, reckon it was a particular share so it's watchable now.

• Still doesn't help if/when you want to change image.

Just done a look and you can flash via serial, bit of a pain I know but its an option none the less -

Code
    http://www.vuplus-support.org/wiki/index.php?title=VTI_Install#How_to_upgrade_the_Vu.2B_image_via_Serial_Port

Cant say ive done it myself

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Have you tried flashing an image from another Team, like Blackhole or VTi to the box first?

You can then try to install the earlier version of VIX afterwards.

• what skin are you using ?

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• @ nano - tried different images from other teams however same result
    @ pheonix - skin is ViX_Night_HD
    @ baz135 - updated successfully via telnet however still can't flash any image

My initial problem was a freezing screen which seems to be ok now i have singled it down to a certain share. All
    seems fine with the updated ViX so I'll stick with this. Thanks for the suggestions guys:)

• Still having trouble with this. Freezing pic on encrypted channels whichever share is being used. I have done a factory reset, when it rebooted it went through the choose language, config network etc but still reboots into ViX 3.0. Shouldn't a factory reset get rid of whatever image was present before?

Cheers

• Ok cheers for that. It's now stuck on the OPENVIX start screen. I've tried the reset button on the back, unplugged it from the mains but no good. Remote is not having any effect. I've but Blackhole on a USB stick, still won't read it, just goes into ViX. This box is pretty close to going in the fish pond. Any ideas?

Many thanks

dasduffer

• hi i have the same problem i want to go to 2.4 because tspanel and 1 channel plugin do not work very well did you manage to sort this out

cheers

wwe

• hi i have the same problem i want to go to 2.4 because tspanel and 1 channel plugin do not work very well did you manage to sort this out

cheers

wwe

Both Tspanel and 1channel work well with vIx 3.0 and both are directly available from within the the ViX image feeds. 1channel however does have a bug on all images where it will crash the receiver if it cant find a source for certain movies, this is a problem with the plugin it self and not the image.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!