vu+ solo, clone or not a clone, that is the question

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,631 times. The last Post () by mrgmx.

• Hi, just received a vu+ solo and i cant tell from the outer images i find as to whether this is genuine or clone and im nervous about doing anything until i know which it is
    is there an easy way or must you open it up?
    i bought from what i thought was a UK site but it was delivered from hong kong so im none the wiser, any tips?

also, it came with a 2 pin (round) plug which isnt helpful, i have an adapter that i think will work that came with a chinese tablet i bought years ago and also on the top of the unit itself it has a warning sticker saying where all the updates should come from otherwise it may cause damage to the receiver

• on the base it has a sticker with vu+ solo a bn number and a sn number and another little sticker saying v2.0
    it also came with an rs232 cable and cost £119

also reading the www im hearing all sorts of issues which is making me regret this purchase :( , i have a black remote if this helps as some white ones are clones from what i read

• dont worry the clons are fine normally.
    from hong kong only clon.
    don+t think the solo and the duo are availible officially any more?
    they don`t fabrik them any more.
    think so
    cheers
    el pirate

• Official Post

on the base it has a sticker with vu+ solo a bn number and a sn number and another little sticker saying v2.0
    it also came with an rs232 cable and cost £119

also reading the www im hearing all sorts of issues which is making me regret this purchase :( , i have a black remote if this helps as some white ones are clones from what i read

Yours is the clone mate, it will be fine providing you are careful when it comes to flashing a new image just stick to the old kernel images until a fix is found. Quality wise i have saw a solo clone first hand & it performed every bit as well as the original so stick with it, i think returning it to Hong Kong for a refund may prove dificult also.

• id never bother a return lol id no doubt kiss goodbye to money and box

on the site the box's sticker mentions theres a solo secret chip update file so im assuming i need to run this
    i quote ' Pls download this software , make Scret chip update , then you can use all latest software for your Solo ' so i need to read a lot but hopefully theres help :)

• id never bother a return lol id no doubt kiss goodbye to money and box

on the site the box's sticker mentions theres a solo secret chip update file so im assuming i need to run this
    i quote ' Pls download this software , make Scret chip update , then you can use all latest software for your Solo ' so i need to read a lot but hopefully theres help :)

Yes, this works for many images but NOT FOR LATEST VERSIONS.

• It should have the latest Chip update on it mate?
    What image is preloaded on it?

Like Ten said you just have to tread carefully with them so to speak but i have obtained a couple of Duo's and touch wood all fine!

Have a look here it applies to both Solo and Duo's all images pre Vix .155 and BH 1.7.5 should work fine until a new chip update is released (should of been end of Aug :( )

But all in all they should work fine and don't worry to much about 'only update from here' sticker.....our Forum has more support and files e.t.c and they all work fine!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• ill try it out tom guys, thanks for the help
    no idea whats on it coz i havent dared switch it on lol but im off for 10 days after tonight so then its time to play
    by chip update i take it you mean 'secret chip update' ill have to look whats on it
    ill keep you guys posted :)

• Yeah you shouldn't need to run the secret chip update as it should come all ready done with one of the latest images on it!

Let us know if and what image is on there, then we can go from there!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!