vu+ solo virgin box

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,265 times. The last Post () by master G.

• ok guys and gals, seems i have me a clone vu+ solo which has yet to be turned on so its still as clean as a virgin

what things do you suggest i do to this box to enable me to watch the unmentionables though my motorized dish that i currently watch on my tm500

do i need an image, cccam etc etc? idiots guide would be appreciated

• ok guys, trying to have a go here and getting nowhere, the image is a blackhole 1.6 something or other which was already installed
    ive done basic setup wizard but having issues locking in my home lontitude/latitude details and then doing positioner setup so it knows where i am
    ive used Google maps and for my position, think ive don that correct although does a - (minus sign) mean anything or is that where it defines east and west?
    when i goto positioner setup/goto 0 and press the red button then nothing happens
    any thoughts?

• hi m8
    what u need is a friend who knows about setup linux boxes
    or you get your head around this here with very nice guys and loads of help.
    but this takes time and reading........
    i have been divorced nearly
    start somewhere
    any specified question?
    cheers
    el pirate

• ok ive added my lontitude and latitude and then i goto 0
    i can see the dish moving when i do this
    then when i goto default channels on 19.2 ithe dish moves but all i get is the flashing dish picture in the top right and no picture, just the gui page as if the dish hasnt lokcked onto the satellite

have i missed something simple in the initial setup??

• i read about this 'usuals' what is this, sorry but im a total n00b and these common names dont mean much to me
    as an update, i can move the dish just fine east and west, when i press red for goto 0 the dish moves and stops, is it 0 i dont know but it moves from where i had it parked to roughly the same spot each time
    i did for a brief second have bbc1 working so i think the dish must be moving slightly past although it appears fine on my old tm500 that i put back on
    i used my positions as given via google but could there be a slight difference causing the dish to be out of alignment

sooooo frustrating

• TYou have come to the right section: VU support.
    But what you have missed while writing was all the other posts by users who have asked these very same questions and other users who have answered them,
    so without meaning to sound rude you really should read all the posts in SUPPORT (where you are now) and TUTORIALS (how tos )
    the best way to be helped and learn is to help yourself first ;)

• well maybe my search is different to yours but im having great difficulty finding the issue where my once working dish now wont work with a new receiver
    each time i connect the tm500 it works ok, i swap over and it wont lock
    i understand theres lots of great tutorials for many subjects but im at the starting block where i dont even have a locked signal so adding plugins etc etc isnt top of my priorities, trying to just get a lock is where im stuck and believe me i have searched, found similar ' http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…iseqc-1-2-positioner.html ' but that doesnt seem to apply to my tm500 setip or its just me being a n00b

• so set it up manually with "go to X" and see if it will send the motor.... what i meant by reading the support posts is that other users ,incl myself have had these problems and wrote about them....

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!