Just bought Vu Duo + Some Help Please ??

There are 55 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,317 times. The last Post () by carmine.

• hehe.. Well you asked for HD1080i distribution over coax.. and that costs a dime indeed..

A length of HDMI cable will costs less i think. Control can be done from your smartphone/ipad etc..

hi mate thanks for reply but this is getting really technical all i want is to watch in other rooms quality doesnt have to be great in other rooms only on main tv which i am and was getting before ?
    Could i use spiderbox like they do with new tivusat boxes that dont have rf in or out and use older euro box connected with scart so you can still watch box in other rooms ??

• hi mate thanks for reply but this is getting really technical

Let me remind you where you are Carmine :snicker: LINUXSAT-SUPPORT LoL
    Go back a post and check my last reply lol ¬ Sometimes taking on the challenge can be very rewarding and worthwhile in terms of Value for money ! Yes i know it worked before BUT so did black and white TV transmissions,owever were not all still using that system are we ?

using a cheap rf modulator will solve your issue for no more than £40ish ¬ EBAY LINK

:sheep:Looking at my post count shows i'm in search of a life - just in case you find a spare one listed whist perusing Ebay

:rikjaard2:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• im not in the stone age mate lol lol

• not sure i would describe it as a cat5/wireless iptv disribution system - but I suppose it is in a way! - you can get a cheap android smart tv device as i have - or even use dlna between the receiver and your dlna enabled tv (not tried that - might have formatting problems) - there are lots of solutions each with advantages and disadvantages - the biggest disadvantage for all solutions unfortunately ££££$$$$$

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Will that send signals to other tellies through booster I already had ? So scart in vu and connect 2 leads that use to go in spider to rf mod ?

you dont need the spider box if using a rf modulator u come out of the vu duo with the scart into the rf modulator then out of the modulator to the uhf in on the booster then that will send a signal to all the tvs in the house

• you dont need the spider box if using a rf modulator u come out of the vu duo with the scart into the rf modulator then out of the modulator to the uhf in on the booster then that will send a signal to all the tvs in the house

If your not planning on using the spiderbox anywhere else in the house i would leave it above/below the vu+ box and loop the fixed dish input from the spider onto the VU+ via the satellite I.F Loopthrough ! That way when your watching summit on the motorised duo input the fixed dish signal can be used by the spider allowing you to watch different channels at the same time in a second location connected via existing cables ¬ IF of course your not recording onto the duo from the fixed dish that is ¬

As per the previous post if you just want to use the VU+ to distribute signals around the house limiting your best bet is the modulator i posted a link to !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• This is the full instructions that come with the Ultimo user guide,i think the remote functions will depend on the type of remote that came with the Duo when you got it.The universal remote they refer to here has the keyboard on the back of it,this does not fuction with the duo,solo or uno.

2-10. Remote Control Unit (RCU) Set-up
    Vu+ RCU is a universal RCU that can be used for TV and STB at the same time.
    A. User Guide of Vu+ Universal RCU
    Pre-note
    << >> means long press
    < > means normal press
    4 digit code can be found in the TV brand code list of the user manual.
    The new RCU of Vu+ is a universal type and you can control your Vu+ STB and TV at the same time. This
    universal RCU is a modeless design. While offering the basic control functions of your TV (TV Power,
    Volume +/-, Mute, AV), you can control STB without having to select mode between TV and STB every
    time. Compared to those universal RCU of mode selection types, the modeless universal RCU of Vu+ is
    clearly a smarter choice by eliminating unneeded control functions.

1. TV setting
    Set-up Sequence: <<1 + 3>>, <4digit brand-code>, <<Mute or Power>>
    1. Press number 1and 3 for three seconds until LED is on.
    2. Find your TV brand-code from the TV code list and insert 4 digit code.
    - If you press “0000”, Full Automatic Scan will start. This will take a while.
    3. Keep Mute button (or Power) pressed until your TV is muted (or turned off).
    4. If your TV is muted (or turned off), stop pressing Mute button.
    5. Now, your RCU is in test mode and press Volume + /- to check if your TV responds.
    6. If the volume buttons are operational, Press <OK + STOP ( )> to escape from the set-up mode.

2. AV setting
    AV button is for the selection of TV video source. AV button may be automatically set up depending on TV
    models. In case it is not automatically configured, please follow the instructions below.
    Set-up Sequence <<1 + 9>>, <<AV>>
    1. Press 1 and 9 for three seconds until LED is turned on.
    2. Keep AV button pressed until your TV responds and displays the video input source.
    3. If AV button is working, check if AV button is properly working several times.
    4. Press <OK + STOP ( )> to escape from the set-up mode.

3. RCU Buttons for TV
    * Buttons for TV only: TV Power. AV
    * Buttons switchable between TV and STB: Volume +/ - and Mute
    - These buttons are for STB only before the RCU set-up is done.
    - It is switchable only after the configuration is done.
    * All the other buttons are for STB only
    4. Mode Switch of Volume + / - and Mute
    For the sake of easy volume control, please set the STB volume at 50% of the maximum level and set
    this level as the default volume level from STB. Then, you just have to control your TV volume only without
    having to adjust STB volume at the same time.
    Set-up Sequence: <<1 + 6>>, <9>, <9>, <3>, <TV Power or STB Power>
    1. Press 1and 6 for three seconds until LED is on.
    2. Press <9>, <9>, <3>.
    3. If you want to control of TV volume, press TV Power button. If you want to control STB volume, press
    STB Power button.
    5. Reset of TV Set-up

In case you want to reset the configured TV set-up of your RCU,
    Press Sequence: <<1 + 6>>, <9>, <9>, <6>
    1. Press 1and 6 for three seconds until LED is on.
    2. Press <9>, <9>, <6>.
    3. This will reverse the RCU into no configuration state.
    6. System Code Change.
    You can change the system code of your Vu+ universal RCU according to the Vu+ model that you want to
    control. The default system code is Mode 2.
    Mode 1 : SOLO / DUO
    Mode 2 : UNO / Ultimo (*Note : The keyboard of Ultimo remote cannot be used for SOLO,DUO & UNO.)
    Mode 3 & 4 : reserved for future models.
    Press <<2 + 7>>, <HELP>, <0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004>
    1. Press 2 and 7 for three seconds until LED is on.
    2. Press HELP
    3. Press <0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004>

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• i use my tablet or phone as my remote over wifi work a treat and gives me my bouquets ecy so i can move dish also and it stream and its free lol

put it to ye galaxy s3..... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.reichholf.dreamdroid&hl=en
    also this to check my server https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.difed.cccam&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5kaWZlZC5jY2NhbSJd

RESPECT OTHER PEER, PUT ALWAYS A FTA CHANNEL WHEN YOU DON'T WATCH TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1438883374.png

• I now have Openli image on vu duo and its all good, have channel list etc so thanks for all the advice on vu duo will probably need more soon LOL

I also sorted out connection to other tellys using a cheap rf modulator from Map*ins sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!

• i use my tablet or phone as my remote over wifi work a treat and gives me my bouquets ecy so i can move dish also and it stream and its free lol

put it to ye galaxy s3..... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.reichholf.dreamdroid&hl=en
    also this to check my server https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.difed.cccam&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5kaWZlZC5jY2NhbSJd

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.reichholf.dreamdroid&hl=en
    This got to connect etc can get channel list up on s3 but does not play at all says roblem with report or exit !!!
    I have tried mx player and daroon player nothing no go any help Please ?

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!