Just bought Vu Duo + Some Help Please ??

There are 55 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,298 times. The last Post () by carmine.

• I Have taken the plunge and decided to get myself a decent box once and for all and no longer use my trusty Spiderbox LOL !!!

I have Ubuntu Server and will still use for a little while but not sure wether to keep se**er and start using vu also for this but until then am just gonna connect it to vu duo.

I need to sort out motorised setting and cccam any advice on what to do first and whats best , apologies for standard questions just dont want to do anything wrong lol ??

Thanks
    carmine

• If you do use the Vu+ Duo as a server then a good place to start re images is the ViX - as it has a cam stop check script that works well - and you will find that you will have few issues with this. There are ways to get check scripts on other images - but to save messing around it is probably an idea to start with that.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• If you do use the Vu+ Duo as a server then a good place to start re images is the ViX - as it has a cam stop check script that works well - and you will find that you will have few issues with this. There are ways to get check scripts on other images - but to save messing around it is probably an idea to start with that.

Hi Muso.

longtime no hear lol

how many shares do you think i can use safely with stb 30 40 ??

• Personally i would stick with your pc server, if your like me then you will want to try all the different images as well as upgrade to the latest as soon as they are released. Using your stb as server would mean downtime for your peers every time you want to try something new.

Totally agree with ten.. leave the duo for your own pleasure/leisure and mess around with it as much as you like without actually affecting your peers..
    Looking forward to seeing those "Carmine backups" already !!!!

• so put it inside the cupboard or you mean that "she doesnt understand why that thing has to be left on all night"!! out of the way??
    Think ofthe odds weighed against moving server :An stb will never be as good/strong/stable as a pc server , you won´t be able to "try out new plugins,etc without disrupting service"
    rebooting,when necessary will have to be programmed at/during the .am , when "she" takes over the R.C , which "she" will,
    you will have lost the basic reason of what this is all about: hobby + fun!!
    Now the choice is yours,,but don´t say we didn´t tell you so!!!
    Muso already answered that question: Vix is the first image to try out..
    readup on it all as everything has already been asked and answered a multitude of times

Start reading all the vu support posts and you´ll get a much clearer + better "picture" of it all ;)

• Hi Caz,

Yeah wont tell her you said so lol !!! I may move it upstairs in wardrobe and work it wirelessly that might be an option.

• Latest -

Vu Connected and to my se*ver all good wow what a differenece from my old spiderbox feel like im starting again, with help from avery good friend am getting there.

am tuning all sats manually not found channel list that i like yet lol.

Have come across a new problem related to new vu duo +
    my old spiderbox had aerial in and out and hence could watch spiderbox on other telly telly hard wired with serial booster vu does not have this is there an easy way round this ??

• Hard to believe they completely overlooked the RF out option ! Its expensive carmine but you could buy HD over coax solution ! Gonna be almost as much as what the new box just cost though :waaaht:
    HDMI over Single Coax RG6 CT100 Cable Extender

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!