DM600, how can upgrade?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,724 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi, My friend lent me his decoder.
    Dreambox DM600.

I want catch information from this decoder.

I don't now the software version.
    You can help me?
    Which firmware Can I put in this decoder.

I'm newbye..
    Thank'you

• hi
    this is a very old fashion box, with very small support
    buy a propper box m8, this one is out of date.
    my opinion
    el pirate

• If its a genuine DM600 i think the newest image available for it is probably going to be the Gemini image, although this comes with no emus. You have to download them and install them manually from elsewhere.

There's nothing wrong with the DM600, its a good, solid box, its just a little outdated now. Apart from the HD stuff this box will do more or less the same as the newer boxes, i.e you can watch TV on it.

My old DM600 kept me amused for the time i had it. Not once did it let me down and its still working today with no issues, Thats what you call a proper box, unlike the cheap clones available today that fail without reason.

Nano

• I forgot to mention, if you want to find the Gemini image you need to Google IHAD (I have a Dreambox) to find Geminis forum.

If you not sure if you box is genuine or not play it safe and go for the Powerboard VX image. Its solid as a rock and does have the added advantage that they still support emus on their download server. I sometimes run Powerboard VX on my DM7020Si and its a solid image that rarely crashes or freezes up.

Nano

• Hi, on the box It's wrote dreambox. The box is black and the written in the box is silver.
    I think the product is genuine.

I don't understand wich firmware I can use.

Thank

• Look for DM600 in this section you will find a few http://linuxsat-support.com/other-dreambox-versions

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Just because it says Dreambox on it, doesn't make it genuine. I've had both Genuine and clone DM600 boxes and they look identical to each other.

Just avoid using Gemini and you will be fine regardless of whether its genuine or not. Go for Powerboard VX image, its rock solid and has emus on its download server.

This is the download link for it.

Code
    http://www.pb-download.com/images/PB_VX-dm600pvr-20101228.tar.gz

Nano

• You upgrade the box from the webIf. I'm going off memory here as i haven't used a DM600 in over 2 years so i may have confused the blinking led with another box, but I'm pretty much sure it was the DM600 that did it.

Make sure the box is connected to your home network by an Ethernet cable and the hold the power button in when you plug in the power, and watch how many times the led on the front blinks.

If your network starts something like 192.168.0.1, and the led blinks 3 times it has acquired 192.168.0.3

If it blinks 4 times then it will be 192.168.0.4 and so on.

Go into the web browser of a PC on the same home network and type in 192.168.0.4 if the led blinked four times. (I find Internet Explorer the best browser for this)

You should then be greeted with the WebIf startup page. There you will see an option to upgrade the firmware. Just select the file of the software you wish to put on the box and then press upgrade. it should take a few mins and then the box will reboot itself.

The other way is to use Dreamup, although as its through the RS232 port it takes an age.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!