Newbie questions regarding motorized tuner set up

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,126 times. The last Post () by Banny.

• Good morning everyone.

After 6 months of having a Protek decided to take the plunge anbd bought myself a VU+ Duo which arrived yeterday. My previous set up was a motorised 1.1m dish on USALS. I have a fixed dish also which wasn't used until now.

So I've loaded the newest bootloader and Vix 3.0 image and FTP'd over MrMisters bouquets.

I set tuner A to simple 'positioner' entered in long and lat (from previous set up) and set up B as simple fixed 28.2.

However I can't seem to get tuner A to work am I doing something wrong?

Also (and this is probably a stupid question)do I have to find the bouqets for all satelittes as I can't see anything other than 28.2 in any lists. (I mean I can't see the satelittes to scan!

I must admit I'm quite overwhelmed by the amount of options etc it's quite impressive and daunting.

How do people know what plugins should be installed. Is there a directory or something with them listed? There seemed to be loads just from the plugin section within VIX.

Maybe I should have got something easier :-s

If anyone could help with my tuner and ssatelitte set up that would be grand.

Thanks

• You made the right choice mate ¬ just a little bit of teething i'd say !

lets keep your thread to the title subject -

have you tried installing your fixed dish to tuner A and configuring it to a simple fixed dish setup @ 28.2 e assuming your fixed dis is a sly mini dish !
    That way you can see if your tuner A is working or not ! Cant imagine that it isn't but its a simple enough test so try it !

Assuming your TunerA is ok and you have tested it try adding a new channel list ¬ Perhaps summit your more familiar with - i like sgt flipflops personnly !¬
    Then reconfigure your Tuner A to simple motorised and add the correct long/lat and you should be away ¬

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Thanks for the prompt response Rikjaard :)

Yeah tuner working fine just tested. Can I ask what is the easiest way to install channel list? I notice there is sgtflipflops.multi in the plugin section do i install that or is it easier to find them on this forum somewhere and ftp them? I assume they both do the same? :s

Thanks

• Yeah do it from the plugin section mate ¬ you could always add TSPANEL
    Click this LINK
    everything you need is there !

Stay cool

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Thanks will install that after Rik.

I still cant get motordish going. Channel list installed, tried to change the fixed and motorised inputs round, checked long and lat. When I try to change to a channel on another sat it says 'service unavailable check tuner configuration'

Must be something simple ive missed? Cant see what though.

Thanks

• you definitely set tuner configuration to SIMPLE >usuals
    Mode to POSITIONER >
    Longitude
    Latitude

• Hi Rik

Yes definately :(

I went to poitioner setting to try and get it going and it sent the dish to 0 which i does. The only sat it will ler me use is 28. Seems really odd. Thinks its worth reflashing image and starting from scratch. Might try and do some manual install of satelitte see if that works.

Basically all channels in channel list are greyed out.

Thanks

• Hi Rik

Yes definately :(. Think its worth reflashing image and starting from scratch.

YES mate ¬ start again from fresh ¬ try an image from VU+ section

• On my DM800 if they were greyed out I just did an automatic scan, sounds like your channel info is out of date, or none existent.

Setup -> Service Searching -> automatic scan, but that was without a motorised setup.

if you install TS Panel go to Linuxsat Supports section, there are channel lists for motorised setup's and there are lists for those just interested in 28.2.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• You might be best using one of the backup images as a starting point.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Its down to personal taste, your best off getting one image working make a backup of it and try images from the other teams.

BpGgW.jpg

• Good afternoon all.

Couldnt get vix 3 going at all so reflashed with older 2.4.96 and loaded up channel list and it was fine. Motor works properly and all things working great.

Thanks for all your help :)

Another small question. If I send another channel list from dbedit will that replace the exisitng list or can it go alongside the one I already have?

Thanks in advance

• It will wipe the older channel list from the receiver, replacing it with the one you just transferred over. If your looking for a multisat bouquet try one of the Vhannibal ones, or if your brave enough to try, merge say for example the MR.mister 28.2 east pack with another and get the best of both worlds.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Ye the mr mister one is great so might have a go at merging 2. I take it its just a case of merging the 2 on dbedit?

Diolch yn fawr iawn :)

yes pretty much, also the newer MR.mister bouquets also contain the new ViX / OE-A style placeholders. allowing your receiver to skip over placeholders while zapping through channels, there are a lot neater than any others available and only available via these bouquets or if your using ViX you could download the Autobouquet plugin from the feeds and use that to create your 28.2 east bouquets as this also ( the ViX /OE-A VERSION) also contains these new style placeholders, along with a auto scheduling feature.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• You can attempt to merge two boquest as phoenix said, there is also an addon that is around somewhere which is a beta which auto updates 28.2 but doesn't overwrite your existing channel list.

My personal choice are Dreambox uk's 28.2, using B16MCC's frontend to generate them, as it fully replicates s*y uk channel numbers and catseyes for multisat but I haven't attempted to combine them, I would like to do it, but haven't had the time to commit to it yet.

BpGgW.jpg

• master G

Added the Label Tuner Configuration
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Newbie questions regarding tuner set up” to “Newbie questions regarding motorized tuner set up”.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!