Gigablue not responsible company be careful, they do not support their customers

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,203 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Many people have problem with gigablue being stuck on boot mode, I asked help they did not help me or the others with similar problem. When I advice them to band gigablue, the gigablue official forum closed my account I think this is rude. So I advice anyone to stay away from gigablue they do not have good support or respect to customers.
    We are looking for company with good user experience not the company who do not accept criticism.

• Many people have problem with gigablue being stuck on boot mode, I asked help they did not help me or the others with similar problem. When I advice them to band gigablue, the gigablue official forum closed my account I think this is rude. So I advice anyone to stay away from gigablue they do not have good support or respect to customers.
    We are looking for company with good user experience not the company who do not accept criticism.

rather than complaining why not tell us how you managed to "brick" the receiver then maybe someone can show you how to j-tag it back to life ?.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Gigablue cannot be seen helping people trying to put firmware on their boxes that circumnavigate certain providers encryptions or allow Control Word sharing.

Once you put third party firmware on the box you invalidate the warranty, in more or less the same way as you would if you cut the plug off the end of the power cable.

There is plenty of help on forums like this that will help you repair your box. Technomate respond exactly the same way when i bricked my old TM9100. I jtagged it back to life on more than one occasion.

Nano

• Going on every support forum and posting a criticism isn't going to get you anywhere - considering lots have and are using these receivers with no problems, not sure if you will dent their reputation much...

As Pheonix said, rather than ranting, it is better to use forums such as this to ask for support, as the manufacturers and vendors won't be able to assist if the problem is software related, which is probably the case with your issue. I wouldn't completely agree with nano about voiding the warranty, as most reputable vendors would honour a warranty if the issue was related to hardware regardless of whether you have flashed it or not, but you should give us the opportunity to try to help you with your problem, because it is because of difficulties people have that have caused forums such as this to spring up in the first place.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

I wouldn't completely agree with nano about voiding the warranty, as most reputable vendors would honour a warranty if the issue was related to hardware regardless of whether you have flashed it or not

Thats not what Dream Multimedia said to me :lol:

I had an issue with my DM7020Si when it was about 9 months old (Its the one i still have today) Dream Multimedia fixed the issue after i returned the box to them and then charged me for the repair as in their words " I had invalidated the warranty by installing third party firmware into flash memory on the receiver which was not official Dream Multimedia firmware"

I haven't purchased anything from Dream Multimedia since, although i have had a few clones :feel_good:

I spend my money elsewhere now, on receivers which are good value for money, unlike Dream multimedia's offerings.

Nano

• Going on every support forum and posting a criticism isn't going to get you anywhere - considering lots have and are using these receivers with no problems, not sure if you will dent their reputation much...

As Pheonix said, rather than ranting, it is better to use forums such as this to ask for support, as the manufacturers and vendors won't be able to assist if the problem is software related, which is probably the case with your issue. I wouldn't completely agree with nano about voiding the warranty, as most reputable vendors would honour a warranty if the issue was related to hardware regardless of whether you have flashed it or not, but you should give us the opportunity to try to help you with your problem, because it is because of difficulties people have that have caused forums such as this to spring up in the first place.

Having played with the Gigablue Quad the last few days, all I will say that they should never have sold a box with so many software bugs.

• My giga 800se stuck on BOOT ever since I tried a wireless dongle on it (edimax usb adapter). Bought jtag board, posted on every forum that I knew, inc. giga support forum, but there hasn't been even 1 reply.
    So my advice is to stay away from this box. The lack of a serial port on it is a big let down.

• Having played with the Gigablue Quad the last few days, all I will say that they should never have sold a box with so many software bugs.

and you think thats unusual do you ?.

at least there resolving those bugs in a very timely fashion and most have now been fixed with driver updates, for example look at the Duo when that launched it had a hardware fault which prevented it from waking from deep sleep to make a recording, they had to release a new hardware version to fix that bug, and there are still bugs on our list that we have been asking to be fixed for over two years without Vu even admitting to although they are fully aware of them.

The uno was not able to tune to SR 30,000 channels at all, this was Fixed by Vu flying a engineer from south Korea to the home of one of the ViX team in London at the threat of support being dropped for the box. The xtrend 9000, 9010, 9100, 9200 could not tune to SR 30,000 channels at all on the second tuner again a hardware fault that was not fixed until the 9200 silverline edition which took well over a year.

believe me GB are doing a bang-up job of fixing their issues, more than some others have done in the past

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

two wrongs don't make a right

It doesn't make a ladder either :10lol:

I've never had any major issues with my old Solo 800HD, it keeps going. Other than i'm getting bored with it now, its still a fantastic box which hasn't given me any major issues at all.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!