OSCAM Load

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,706 times. The last Post () by ILM16.

• Since installing OSCAM, a lot of my peers have been using me for the hop 2 cards I receive.

The load is getting too much, is there a way to set it so say only 3 of my peers at one time can request ECMs from another one of my peers? If that makes any sense...

• Is your ignore reshare setting set to 0 or 1? - what i mean by this is you are receiving hop 2 cards, and a lot of these won't come with a reshare, as most only allow a reshare for just one further hop. If you are ignoring the reshare level then this isn't good because you will put a load on your peers that you shouldn't.

Another thing about Oscam's CCcam protocol is the way it handles requests for any service that has the same CAID and Ident of your local card. If your card hasn't got the entitlements, then it will find another (virtual) reader that has, and this is regardless of reshare leves. Oscam servers using the CCcam protocol should be controlled by using oscam.services, where by you can restrict requests on your server from each peer, so there are no requests for services on your card that your card cannot clear.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Is your ignore reshare setting set to 0 or 1? - what i mean by this is you are receiving hop 2 cards, and a lot of these won't come with a reshare, as most only allow a reshare for just one further hop. If you are ignoring the reshare level then this isn't good because you will put a load on your peers that you shouldn't.

Another thing about Oscam's CCcam protocol is the way it handles requests for any service that has the same CAID and Ident of your local card. If your card hasn't got the entitlements, then it will find another (virtual) reader that has, and this is regardless of reshare leves. Oscam servers using the CCcam protocol should be controlled by using oscam.services, where by you can restrict requests on your server from each peer, so there are no requests for services on your card that your card cannot clear.

Thanks musogeek.

Where do I put the ignore reshare setting? For users at the moment, they are set as follows:

Code
    [account]
    user = #######
    pwd = #######
    group = 1,2,3
    cccmaxhops = 2
    cccreshare = 0

Is that okay?

I'm slightly confused by the 2nd part of your post. How would I restrict requests in this case?

At the moment the only restrictions I have in place are on the readers attempting to clear my local, how do I go further still as you suggest?

This wouldn't create a situation whereby my peers only clear through my locals would it?

• Also by hop2, I may be mistaken here, I am trying to refer to the local cards I receive from other peers, so I think I mean hop1 (as hop0 is my local?)

• just put cccignorereshare = 0 to every user you got in oscam.user and it will be fine.
    This way, as baseline, reshares from other peers are respected.

Furthermore, oscam's reshare methology is quite complex. Read the oscam wiki to learn about how this works.
    Its just too much information to describe in full here in a single post.

• I Need more info like:

- Do you run oscam by its own, or have you clients connected to CC-Cam ?
    - What hardware do you use ? LinuxPC / Receiver (what kind) etc
    - Full oscam.conf / oscam.user / oscam.server (hide passwords/secret info)

Thx

• I do run oscam by its own on a VU+ Duo.

oscam.server

All the readers onwards are the same setting.

oscam.conf

oscam.user

All the same onwards again.

Thanks,

• master G

Set the Label from UK OSCam to Videoguard2 Cards OSCam

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!