partition not creating

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,388 times. The last Post () by bartjunited.

• Not sure what's happened but my HDD that I use for recording could not be seen by the solo.

Tried to initialize again and said no partition.

Used USB format wizard and when trying to create the partitions it says permission denied. Them goes onto format the drive yet after reboot I go to initialize the drive but says error no partitions created.

I've tried 2 HDD now and tried reboots and shutdown with no luck.

Help pls
    Bart

• Code
    http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm

I use the above tool in windows -using the tool try deleting the existing partition if there is one - then create another one - switch off VU+ then plug in drive - reboot and try to initialise again

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Thanks couple of things can I use something like partition magic to do this as well.

When you say switch off do you mean shutdown box or just standby.

Lastly silly question but why do we need to partition the drive

• you can use partition magic - turn the box off completely, plug in the drive then turn on - this will give more chance that it will map the device correctly, and I think you are slightly getting confused as to what we mean by creating a partition - I don't mean you have to have more than one partition, but if you delete a partition, then you have a disk without a filesystem, (FAT32, NTFS, EXT3 etc) - so without telling the disk how and where to allocate files, the disk cannot be used by the operating system, so you need to create a partition to define this filesystem.

• Ok tried that and still no luck.

When I go to initialize the harddisk I get the following error.

Unable to initialize harddisk. Error creating partition failed.

A couple of days ago this worked no problem so not sure what's gone on here

Help pls

• try formatting it FAT32 - can you also confirm if the drive works on your PC? some images require you to map the drives as well - ensure you have no other drives inserted in to other USB slots when turning on the machine.

• Press the blue button twice, you should see a menu with device manager on it,go into this,you should see your device listed,select mountpoints,red button,then map it to what you want to use it as, i.e hdd/media/cf etc etc

It will tell you to reboot your box,do thos and when the box restarts your device will be mapped.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• unfortunately sometimes when i go into device manager it just crashes & reboots

other times when i have got into device manager & tried to mount the drive i press the red button to mount but nothing happens

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!