Oscam Loadbalance & Groups question!

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 10,605 times. The last Post () by rafaeldominio.

• I have my Loadbalance Mode: set to 1 (Fastest reader first) but when I watch a channel not on my local oscam seems to try all shares first before settling for fastest which usually means jumpy signal for first min r so on the channel. Can I set a certain channel to use specific peer or to permanently remember the fastest peer?

My second question is on groups, At the moment, I have all my Readers & Users in group 1. What benefit if any is there to using different groups?

Still trying to get my head around Oscam only Server..

Thanks guys

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• To answer the groups questioin - this is down to choice and practicality, and is one of the better functions in oscam. Some people will put each reader in a separate group to allow more control over who gets what when the user accounts are set up. A basic was of setting it up is place each local card in separate groups, and bunch all reader accounts you get from peers in the same group, but a dfferent group to any of the cards.

There are a number of settings in loadbalancer that you can amend to try to tweak things, and using the webinterface you can click the hyperlinks to get advice from the oscam wiki for each function. The problem you are experiencing may well be because you are not utilising oscam.services

http://linuxsat-support.com/os…uk-sid-assign-reject.html
    http://linuxsat-support.com/os…create-oscam-service.html

have a read of the above threads to get some idea.

What you can do is block off cards from peers if they only have them on hop 2 where you have another peer with the same card on hop 1 - this will mean when loadbalancer is finding the fastest reader, it should ignore cards on a hop further down than need be.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Can I set a certain channel to use specific peer or to permanently remember the fastest peer?

This is exactly what Loadbalance mode-1 (Fastest reader) does..

When first started, oscam will learn the response-times from all readers on channel level.
    When a channel is selected, the fasted source will be used.

To make this work correctly, the LB parameters must be filled correctly.
    Can you post your oscam.conf to check these ?

Thx

To make this work correctly, the LB parameters must be filled correctly.
    Can you post your oscam.conf to check these ?

No problem m8, here they are!

#####oscam.conf#####

#####oscam.server#####

#####oscam.user#####

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Looks like a clean config to me..

The loadbalancer will use multiple readers to gather initial statistics the first 100 ecm's, and after that relies on your stats file.

The 'Reopen Mode' decides how fast the reader retries a failed or bad response.

If you share only locals, i would advice you set 'Re-Open Mode' to 0 (Reopen after time), and set 'Time to Reopen' to 14400 (6 hours).

• And for those that do not have local cards and just reshare?

• And for those that do not have local cards and just reshare?

Those... should really get a local.. Grin..

However, for those set Re-Open mode to 1..
    This will open failed shares faster..

• Those... should really get a local.. Grin..

However, for those set Re-Open mode to 1..
    This will open failed shares faster..

Is this configuration ok?

[global]
    disablelog = 1
    loghistorysize = 1500
    serverip = xx.xx.xx.xx
    logfile = stdout
    clienttimeout = 10000
    fallbacktimeout = 1500
    clientmaxidle = 300
    nice = -20
    maxlogsize = 1000
    waitforcards = 0
    waitforcards_extra_delay = 0
    emmlogdir = /usr/keys/
    lb_mode = 1
    lb_save = 100
    lb_reopen_seconds = 500
    lb_retrylimit = 500
    lb_stat_cleanup = 500
    lb_reopen_mode = 1
    lb_savepath = /usr/keys/oscam.stat
    lb_nbest_percaid = 05:1
    resolvegethostbyname = 1
    failbantime = 60
    failbancount = 2

• Looks fine to me on first sight..

• hello, I'm in HD channels group error problem, I wonder how do I properly set up for HD channels work please

error group (0 ms) - Discovery HD this is the error

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!