Amiko Alien 2 stuck on boot

There are 55 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 22,716 times. The last Post () by h2014.

• Hi guys,

after i try flash an e2 image the box is stuck on boot, ive already leave it 2 hours like this to see but no luck :(
    And the the power switch while holding ok button dont make appear FORC option.

i make a video for you guys see.

video

Any ideas for restoring or is dead for life?

Thanks

• try to hold the ok button longer.
    first the ok button and than the switch on the back.
    when you see forc in the display try to boot to spark.
    you can try a rescue image for the alien 2.
    when you not see forc in the display then i think it will a rma.

Yup i think will send it to seller to exchange. I've already have try everything, dunno what to do now.
    But anyway thanks for reply :)

Regards

• Connect the receiver to your PC with Null-Modem (Cross-Wired RS232) cable

Open a Terminal application (Like PuTTY)

Select your COM port, set the baud rate to 115200 and open the connection

Turn the receiver ON

When you see the 'PK7105' prompt, copy the following command without the quotes ("") and press ENTER:
    "set bootargs console=ttyAS0,115200 rw ramdisk_size=6144 init=/linuxrc root=/dev/ram0 nwhwconf=device:eth0,hwaddr:00:06:37:04:15:00
    ip=192.168.40.83:192.168.40.19:192.168.40.1:255.255.0.0:lh:eth0:off
    stmmaceth=msglvl:0,phyaddr:1,watchdog:5000 bigphysarea=6000"

When you see the 'PK7105' prompt again, copy the following command without the quotes ("") and press ENTER:
    "nboot.i 0x80000000 0 0x00100000 ;bootm 0x80000000"

The receiver should boot to SPARK

Upgrade the receiver to the "spark_1.2.54 Europe" version (This is
    important!)

• Please be VERY careful when trying the above because the information is slightly wrong, this problem only tends to occur when you have tried loading or booting to E2 without the correct u-boot update and there is only one version of Spark that also includes a u-boot update, so try the above by all means but you MUST make sure you go for Spark 1.2.52 E2 Update, if you don't you will have problems with E2 and booting methods.

I personally would advise our own customers to please never try this yourselves unless you are 100% sure you know what you are doing, we'd much rather you contact us and let us do the job for you. If you purchased elsewhere then best to check with your supplier as their terms maybe different.

• Connect the receiver to your PC with Null-Modem (Cross-Wired RS232) cable

Open a Terminal application (Like PuTTY)

Select your COM port, set the baud rate to 115200 and open the connection

I dont have an RS232 port on my laptop so I will be using a USB to RS232 cable. This will sound like a really stupid question but how do I know which COM port the USB cable is in?

Upgrade the receiver to the "spark_1.2.54 Europe" version (This is
    important!)

Please be VERY careful when trying the above because the information is slightly wrong, this problem only tends to occur when you have tried loading or booting to E2 without the correct u-boot update and there is only one version of Spark that also includes a u-boot update, so try the above by all means but you MUST make sure you go for Spark 1.2.52 E2 Update, if you don't you will have problems with E2 and booting methods.

Before I bricked my Alien 2 I had updated Spark to 1.2.58se Europe. Do I still have to roll it back to 1.2.52 and if I do then how do I do that?

• I would do neither and contact your supplier to cure this problem for you however if you do have a go yourself then you MUST make sure once you get Spark to boot that you do an online update to Spark 1.2.51 E2 as this is the ONLY Spark update which contains a U-boot update which if you don't do you run the risk of never being able to boot to E2 again. AGAIN WE ASK THAT NONE OF OUR OWN CUSTOMERS EVER TRY THIS simply contact us if you have a problem such as this and we will look at recovering this for you.

• I would do neither and contact your supplier to cure this problem for you however if you do have a go yourself then you MUST make sure once you get Spark to boot that you do an online update to Spark 1.2.51 E2 as this is the ONLY Spark update which contains a U-boot update which if you don't do you run the risk of never being able to boot to E2 again. AGAIN WE ASK THAT NONE OF OUR OWN CUSTOMERS EVER TRY THIS simply contact us if you have a problem such as this and we will look at recovering this for you.

OK I'm super confused now. Rai said .54 but then you corrected him to .52 and now you're saying it's .51

Which one is it?

As for speaking to my supplier, he seems a nice chap and he even offers warranties. He's got me the info I need to reboot the box but didn't offer to exchange the box or do it himself. He also made a comment about me installing other software invalidating my warranty to which I replied that I bought the Alien 2 specifically because it was a dual boot OS (which is how he advertised it) and I dont see how installing Enigma 2 would affect my warranty. Especially since he didnt supply me with any instructions on how to make the box into a Dual booting OS box. He hasnt replied to that specific comment yet.

I'm looking to buy the VU+ Duo2 when it comes out. What's the Sat Shop's policy on this sort of stuff? The same as that guy?

• It's Spark 1.2.51 E2, there is no .52 on the Alien 2, that's just a typo but it's easy to spot which one to choose on the upgrade you choose as there is only one that mentioned E2 on the upgrade which is the important part as it will upgrade the U-Boot bootloader at the same time.

Not sure what you mean on the VU+ DUO2, it's a very different receiver in many respects so not really anything to compare the two with but like all receivers we cover for hardware only, if there is a software issues that has been caused by incorrectly flashing firmware then this wouldn't be covered by us under a warranty but at the same time we will always try to help out on this side as well if possible and if it were one that needs returning to have this done then generally if it's purchased from us we would charge a nominal fee to correct it when possible which basically covers return carrier costs, but something like this is on a case by case basis rather than something set in stone.

• It's Spark 1.2.51 E2, there is no .52 on the Alien 2, that's just a typo but it's easy to spot which one to choose on the upgrade you choose as there is only one that mentioned E2 on the upgrade which is the important part as it will upgrade the U-Boot bootloader at the same time.

So if I can boot back into Spark you recommend downgrading into 1.2.51 E2 and then upgrading again to 1.2.58se

• Thank you all for your help. My box is back and I've even managed to install Enigma 2 on dual boot. Now I just need to learn what ccam is and how to use it!

• So, If I understood it correctly, you recommend first to install "AMIKO_ALIEN2_1.2.51_E2_Boot_Upgrade.rar", and from there on, we can install any latest updates such as "AMIKO_ALIEN2_1.2.58se" and "HDMU_1229_E2_spark7162_211_git_4769_nodebug_nolcd_Diff3_ffm_Flash.zip" ¿IS THIS RIGHT?
    THANKS A LOT.

• I have a new Alien 2 with the latest firmware on it AMIKO_ALIEN2_1.2.58se

I want to install the HDMU E2 image....

The right procedure is to DOWNGRADE FIRST in AMIKO_ALIEN2_1.2.51_E2_Boot_Upgrade ??
    Then Install the HDMU E2 image and finally install the latest Spark version ? (AMIKO_ALIEN2_1.2.58se)

Is this correct?

Or this is correct?

1.)DOWNGRADE FIRST in AMIKO_ALIEN2_1.2.51_E2_Boot_Upgrade
    2.)Install the latest Spark version ? (AMIKO_ALIEN2_1.2.58se)
    3.)Install the HDMU E2 image...

Greetings to all.

@ kekos
    first post
    introduce yourself here : http://linuxsat-support.com/introductions/

Amiko Alien 2

• 1.)DOWNGRADE FIRST in AMIKO_ALIEN2_1.2.51_E2_Boot_Upgrade

This is the important part to do first of all for sure, once you have done this then you can choose to either upgrade Spark again (only if you want to) or go ahead and flash E2 firmware - it's this 1.2.51 E2 upgrade/downgrade that's important because this specific update also updates U-Boot which is the important part to make sure you can swap the boot method between Spark and Enigma2 without issues.

We are now sending out all our Alien 2 receivers with this update done and a version of Enigma2 pre-loaded just to be sure there will be no issues for your customers, so if it's a recent purchase from us it's most likely already had the 1.2.51 E2 Spark update and a version of E2 pre-laoded, but if it's not from us just make sure you do the 1.2.51 E2 update/downgrade and all should be fine from then on. :)

• When you buy the amiko alien2 with spark 1.2.58se i think you give it a try.
    did you buy the box with older spark software and you have not the amiko alien2 1.2.51 boot upgrade installed but a newer then downgrade.

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• Can anybody explain this any easier as I have the same problem on the same box but I cannot seem to get it to work, even when i open PuTTY it won't connect to the box it just says BOOT....

Craig.

• How do I know which COM port it is??? I can't seem to get the 'PK7105' prompt up :/ someone help it's doing my head in!!!

• have you tryed a resque image for the alien2

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!