backup before flash

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,245 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Yo dudes.

I have DM8000 with black hole on it, my multi EPG using button 3 has never worked since the day I set it up.
    I wish to put a new image on cos I am sick of trying to fix it and cant put up with it any longer, I was thinking about Dream Elite 4.0 (unless anyone can advise a better image for use in the UK they think I should use?

Anyway, I wish to avoid spending a day messing around getting all my settings back as they were including favorites, channels, satellites mountpoints etc etc. Can someone please advise which files i should save to avoid this? Also how much does the 'backup system settings' actually backup the system settings and after I do this will they be able to be restored to a different image after a new flash?

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, i looked but couldnt find...

• not a 100% sure on this as i don't use that box or image sorry bro!

But in general!

A settings backup - should backup/save any plugins and basic settings from your current image/box

It may be worth using something like DreamBoxEdit to make a backup of your Channel settings....Download from site > Connect to box and receive current channel settings from box! Then with New Image....Reconnect and send them back to box!

The problem that may arise is that if you put a different image you may have trouble reloading settings....just something to bear in mind as i havent tried loading settings from one image to a different image!

Just make a note of everything you have on there just in case! and it may be worth copying your plugins folder and you cam files also!

Let us know how you get on Bud!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Ok. Took the plunge...

Backed up using dreambox edit and the backup utility within the old image then flashed dream elite 4.0 to it, when it performed its first boot it asked if i wanted to use the backup it found, i said yes and it restored everything except cccam and my epg settings! Wow. After doing a manual install of cccam it was mostly as it had been before except my epg...

Thats where the celebrations ended however, 5 hrs later and no matter which method of epg retreival i try my box crashes with the dreaded green screen :-(

Thought it might have been a problem with the local mount it stored the epg on so tried a network mount and then usb, no change. Have tried various epg providers, no joy.

Any advice?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!