did i install omnikey proper

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 760 times. The last Post () by stevensonj.

• hi i used this command to install the omnikey reader. apt-get install opensc pcscd libccid eveything installed ok, oscam is readin the card away better than it did when i was using the smartreader, heres were im lost it says to run this command.
    nano /etc/opensc/opensc.conf and change this lines by removing # from front and reader_drivers lines u delete one comand too:
    reader_drivers = pcsc, ctapi;
    try_emulation_first = yes;
    lock_login = false;
    when i type nano /etc/opensc/opensc.conf i get this.

# Configuration file for OpenSC
    # Example configuration file

# NOTE: All key-value pairs must be terminated by a semicolon.

# Default values for any application
    # These can be overridden by an application
    # specific configuration block.
    app default {
    # Amount of debug info to print
    #
    # A greater value means more debug info.
    # Default: 0
    #
    debug = 0;

# The file to which debug output will be written
    #
    # A special value of 'stdout' is recognized.

what am i meant to do in their and it says about disabling the loggin to /var/log/messages, but im lost, like i said the reader is working, my ecm times are around 0.098 they were 140, do i have to do the rest of the commands to stop any future problems

• theres a new versions of opensc which is slightly differant, alot of the online tutorials dont reflet that theres no reader_drivers = pcsc, ctapi; bit any more and you no longer have to change it......only the pcscd file in the init.d folder needs error logging amended

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!