30.0 West Problem.

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,224 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Should I be able to receive good reception 30.0 West from my location in the N.E. of England with a 1 Metre dish ?
    I can get BBC Worl News okay SNR = 41% AGC = 80%, but when I try Sport TV 1 It's dark with SNR = 30% AGC = 80%
    Could it be a problem with my Dish or might the LNB need skewing ?

Thanks as always.

• You have tu turn little bit the lnb at the left when you are in back the dish or to rigth if you are at front the dish

• Thanks for the replies, I skewed the LNB, but it was set at the strongest position.....I sent the dish to 42.0 East and the readings were SNR = 93% AGC = 91%
    But still BBC World News SNR = 41% AGC = 80% with picture, Sport TV 1 Is dark with SNR = 30% AGC = 80%
    What else could it be ?
    I have also done a rescan on 30.0 West.

• You dont 'Skew' an LNB on a motorised system as when the dish moves and rotates skew is applied then, your LNB should be perfectly straight when pointing at 0.8° west.

This sounds very much like an ARC tracking problem as already stated you can pick 30° west up on a standard Sly mini dish

• Yes the LNB is perfectly straight when pointing at 0.8° west.......As it was before I started.

Thanks.

Thats one problem you can rule out then :-)

The only other solutionis as i mentioned you are not correctly tracking the satellite ARC

or it could be an obstruction say a tree of some kind or even interference from overhead cables

Point your dish back at 30° west and then look out from beneath the dish and see if you have any obstructions in your line of sight

• do a bit of googling about ways to kill trees! - Once it is dead then the person responsible for it might see the need to chop it down! - think a raid with a chainsaw will be a bit too obvious:hell_boy:

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I've got one like that.

I cannot move my dish any higher now so as soon as the leaves have gone the trees getting it :10lol:

• Dont bother with bleach over roots,,,,, try drill a small hole towards the centre then inject anything strong enough to clean a toilet...
    it will dry out from the inside out,,then will eventually dry out and crack,,mind that car underneath tho,,,
    this method has been tried + tested personally and gives good firewood for BBQs in summer and chimney fireplace in winter joint10

• Copper nails in the roots are my favorite lol

I'm fortunate, i get on with the trees owner. I'm just lopping about 15ft off the top of it as its getting out of hand now anyway.

Nano

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!