Best way to make a sever

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 384 times. The last Post () by satastr.

• Read through the forum buddy it's all there!

for Cs you don't need some fancy 100 core server in the clouds lol a simple desktop/laptop will do! I use a lappy with a cracked screen....some people use an old desktop and connect to it via another Pc to edit etc!
    in a sense when your setup there is very little that needs to be done! So you can just keep it running!

So any pc you may have lying around gathering dust now has a new use!

When you have decided you just need to install a OS (Debian or Ubuntu) and run one of the excellent auto install scripts (from within the forum) that will install and setup Oscam and/or Cccam - add your card reader - edit the configs for your setup/card, setup ports etc and your up and running!

But all is here in the forum and are hot topics so just do some digging and I'm sure you will unearth all you need

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Good advice there from mrgmx! Renting a server should never be an option the idea of this is free fun sharing, you can either build your PC server or start off using your sat box as a server the only problem using your sat box is if you enjoy loading the latest image as soon as it is released then there will be an element of downtime for your peers when you are fiddling with your box.

Using a PC server there is never any down time and you can fiddle with new images cams channel setting on your sat reciever.

Happy reading, building and sharing.

Jono

Regards

Jono

:wales::linuxsat3:
    Currently using VU+ Duo, VU+ Uno & DM800 all original don't do clones!

• I had my server on a netbook and sharing with family members only. Works very well with either Ubuntu or Debian and with the clone DM500S as a card reader. Now trying to setup my Ad Teknik card reader.

Just follow the excellent tuts here and I am sure you will enjoy it.

The BEST FORUM for ALL SAT matters. Any reason that you should not be here???:85:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!