significance of "clientmaxidle" in Oscam

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,842 times. The last Post () by CapNCooK.

• Hi all

been having some issues with oscam and many disconnected issues, see thread: http://linuxsat-support.com/os…disconnected-failban.html

ive been testing server today and tried all sorts but have just tried changing clientmaxidle from its default 120 seconds to 10 seconds

now i think my earlier issue has gone, when i pull plug from receiver and it reconnects to server it connects almost instantly

i just wanted to know if there were any implications of having clientmaxidle set to 10s? i mean it must of been det to 120secs default for a reason!

thanks in advance!

• i just wanted to know if there were any implications of having clientmaxidle set to 10s? i mean it must of been det to 120secs default for a reason!

I would set it to 0. Just disable the timeout...

• I would set it to 0. Just disable the timeout...

i briefly tested this mate, setting to 0 turns it off but that means the clients never disconnect from idle which holds on to the connection, so it still sees it as a duplication connection

having it set to a number forces the time out which i what i want i think?

having a look at cccam does that have a clientmaxidle of 10secs?

• i briefly tested this mate, setting to 0 turns it off but that means the clients never disconnect from idle which holds on to the connection, so it still sees it as a duplication connection

having it set to a number forces the time out which i what i want i think?

having a look at cccam does that have a clientmaxidle of 10secs?

Hmm.. This and the mentioned thread should be merged.. No need for a new topic.

However, you are currently still running a latest build ?
    In what protocol are the duplicates connecting ? Still CCcam ?

I also noticed your ticket in trac.. Did you follow gfto's suggestion to re-test all with latest build ?
    Tried oscam.conf's dropdups=1 ?

• yep, tried the latest build for dm500 and also tried dropdups = 1 and dropdups = 0, with uniq = 1 and uniq = 0

protocol ive used is cccam and newcamd in oscam, happens to both :(

only way ive got it to work near perfect is using the clientmaxidle = 10s

• yep, tried the latest build for dm500 and also tried dropdups = 1 and dropdups = 0, with uniq = 1 and uniq = 0

protocol ive used is cccam and newcamd in oscam, happens to both :(

only way ive got it to work near perfect is using the clientmaxidle = 10s

There are multiple tickets about duplicates, some have the symptoms.. some don't..

I would screenshot the userpage showing the dups, upload that to an image sharesite, and attach to the ticket with all you tried.
    Some dev should take a look at this.

(i don't have this at all, running 50 peers with mixed newcamd/cc-cam connections).

I do have this when using camd35.. But that's UDP.. So normal behaviour.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!