Help please with crontab

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,781 times. The last Post () by Iame.

• Hi guys I have oscam fully working not using cccam part now oscam is much better but it reboot some time in the night most of the time it comes back on ok but some it dont load data from the card propley can i just stop reboot in the night

# /etc/crontab: system-wide crontab
    # Unlike any other crontab you don't have to run the `crontab'
    # command to install the new version when you edit this file
    # and files in /etc/cron.d. These files also have username fields,
    # that none of the other crontabs do.

SHELL=/bin/sh
    PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

# m h dom mon dow user command
    17 * * * * root cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly
    25 6 * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )
    47 6 * * 7 root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.weekly )
    52 6 1 * * root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.monthly )
    #

56 03 * * * root killall oscam
    59 03 * * * root /usr/local/bin/oscam -b
    */5 * * * * root /var/script/OscamCheck.sh
    56 03 * * * root kill 1768 >>/dev/null 2>&1
    56 03 * * * root killall CCcam.x86
    57 03 * * * root /var/script/configupdate.sh >> /var/cccamlog/configupdate.log
    58 03 * * * root /var/script/keyupdater.sh
    59 03 * * * root /usr/local/bin/CCcam.x86
    */5 * * * * root /var/script/CCcamCheck.sh
    03 04 * * 6 root /var/script/LogCleanUp.sh >> /var/cccamlog/CleanUp.log
    55 05 * * * root killall CCcam.x86
    55 05 * * * root pkill oscam.x86
    57 05 * * * root /var/script/configupdate.sh
    58 05 * * * root /var/script/keyupdater.sh
    59 05 * * * root /usr/local/bin/oscam.x86 -b -c /var/etc/config
    59 05 * * * root touch /media/card/camlogs/CCcam/CCcam.log && /usr/local/bin/CCcam.x86 -d >> /media/card/camlogs/CCcam/CCcam.log
    */6 * * * * root /var/script/OscamCheck.sh
    */6 * * * * root /var/script/CCcamCheck.sh
    05 06 * * 7 root /var/script/LogCleanUp.sh >> /media/card/camlogs/CleanUp.log

Any help guys will be much appreciated

• M8, you have a lot of duplicate entries in that file and a few that I'm not sure you really need. Tell us a bit more about your setup to confirm..
    Backup the file, then delete all the entries & replace it with these settings:
    NOTE: I have changed CS reboot times from 03.56am to 06.56am (This is just personal preference for my setup so you can change back)

Good luck..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• thanks mate i was using cccam then went over to oscam cccam now i am just using oscam which is running great apart from some times when it reboots it finds card ok but does not decrypt channels..

what are benefits from it rebooting every day??

thanks mate i was using cccam then went over to oscam cccam now i am just using oscam which is running great apart from some times when it reboots it finds card ok but does not decrypt channels..

The issues you stated above could have been caused by all the duplicate entries in the crontab file. Let it run tonight and see if the issues are sorted.. If you want to test it earlier, change the times in crontab to something in 15 mins time & see what happens.

I also used cccam/oscam for ages m8, I am using oscam only now & I think its a better setup that cccam/oscam. If you are using oscam only setup, remove the following lines from crontab..

56 06 * * * root killall oscam
    56 06 * * * root killall CCcam.x86
    59 06 * * * root /usr/local/bin/oscam -b
    */6 * * * * root /var/script/OscamCheck.sh
    */6 * * * * root /var/script/CCcamCheck.sh
    57 06 * * * root /var/script/configupdate.sh >> /var/cccamlog/configupdate.log
    03 04 * * 7 root /var/script/LogCleanUp.sh >> /var/cccamlog/CleanUp.log
    58 05 * * * root /var/script/keyupdater.sh

I find Rebooting oscam/cccam everyday refreshes services and temp file build up's.. This allows cccam/oscam to run smoothly every day
    I physically reboot my server every day. I just do it to refresh process's that have built up over the day & night.. You can remove this option if you want or change it to weekly.

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• You may also want to check your /etc/rc.local file to see what else is being started on reboot.
    I use oscam on its own but I also run a compile script with crontab at night to update oscam to latest version and maybe its just a personal thing but I have a backup command at start and reboot command at end of script so the server reboots every night

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!