CSP Spec/Memory...

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,187 times. The last Post () by cybermega.

• I would like to get a better understanding of this, and is on my 'to do list' (and so are a lot of other things), but I seem to remember reading that running CSP is memory intensive...

So what sort of spec/memory is needed to run 'CSP' effectively...

This is mainly an academic exercise for me at this stage, but you never know, may stick with it so would like to be able to do so at a reasonable level.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• It depends on your definition of "effectively"
    How many cards will you have connected, how many clients, will you share cache etc etc etc
    I have an old test machine that has a pent 4 processor, a 40 gb hard drive and 1gb ram and have used it without any issues and it showed as using 12% memory
    It is java that uses most resources but it is a great learning process to set it up from scratch so off you go ;-)

• I have been playing about with CSP the past few months as well, and i run it on a virtualbox Linux box with ubuntu server with 1gb ram and 20gb drive - going by my virtualbox stats it never really goes over 560mb ram usage, and as sync highlights all the other variables depend on your cache setup and the number of users which will have an impact on bandwidth usage on your network - though if you have a small number of users then the network usage will be ridiculously tiny! The main lesson i took from playing with CSP is that you indirectly learn so much about linux, and i would encourage everyone to learn about it as its a great and exciting learning curve!

Other Not Listed Softcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Other Not Listed Softcams - CSP, DreamOS, GBox, NEWCamd, MultiCS, OSCam Smod, OSCam Ymod, SUpcam & Wicardd.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!