Port Fowarding on BTHomeHub3

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 333 times. The last Post () by Gillies.

• Alright guys, I've just recently set up my own PC Linux Ubunto server. Got CCcam + Oscam all up and running like a treat on my own home network however, when I go to my friend's to add him to the server it just keeps saying offline.

I've tried opening a few different ports on the router and none have work so far. I've read online aswell that a few people have had issues opening ports on the BTHomeHub3 aswell.

Has anyone managed to get a port opened successfully on this?

Any help is appreciated.

• Official Post

Have you setup your server as an application?
    Settings/Advanced settings/Supported Applications -Add your server & chosen port then go back to the portforwarding menu & set it up.
    It is difficult to help when you give no info about what you have or havent tried.

P.S there is no need to have any dns in the router to forward a port.

• 1. 192.168.1.254 and log in
    2. Advanced settings
    3. Port forwarding
    4. Supported Applications
    5. Bottom of page - Add new game or application
    6. Copy an existing game or application = NO
    7. Game/Application name = camport (or whatever name you want)
    8. Protocol = Any is fine - port = 12000 or port you want to use and fill this out 4 times in that page and click add.
    9. Now click apply.
    10. Page changes, now click on Configuration at the top
    11. Game Or Application drop down menu and choose camport (or whatever name you gave it)
    12. Device drop down menu and you should actually see the name of the server, so choose this.
    13. Click ADD
    14. Click Apply.
    15. Now go through the same process for any new ports you add.
    16. Done.

[edit] as mentioned, add your dyndns info to router and click apply, no need to reboot it.

• got it guys, after all the messing around with ports it was the dns entry! when i added my dns domain to the router i wrote the ip instead of the hostname, changed to hostname and now up and running :) thanks guys for all your help

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!