CrossEPG Updates Manually But Not Automated

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,060 times. The last Post () by bartjunited.

• Im running the latest Vix image on my solo

My Cross EPG does not seem to be updating automatically

Ive set it to update at 13.00 I see the box updating & downloading the updates but then when i go into the EPG itself it hasnt updated.

If i manually update it by pressing Blue Button & then CrossEPG Downloader it then downloads the update & when checking it it is correct.

The EPG is set to download to media/usb.

Could the epg.dat file be corrupt? Should i delete it? and if so will it recreate a new one?

Thanks

Bart

• thanks for that

in the top screen my settings are different

I have yes selected for automatic refresh & automatic save and have no for the bottom 2.

Ill change them & see how i get on.

Btw how do you manage to take a screenshot of your set up?

• Ok more issues
    Changed my settings to the same as master g.
    Today box attempted to download epg at 1300 and at 1400 box was still on blue vix screen.
    Wife had to switch off the box and turn it back on. To get a picture.
    At about 1700 I checked epg and it had not updated. I ran it manually and after a few mins it sat at the blue vix screen. I managed to navigate away and change to a channel. I checked epg and it was showing until next Friday so it had updated. However I checked the epg database in the cross epg settings and it said the database was last updated on 17/10.

I'm wondering could my plug in be faulty and can I remove and re install or could it be my HDD which is very old and only 80gig . I have a newer 250gig that I can try.

Help pls

• I've just checked and after I turned the box back on from standby the epg update did not save. So while it updated from the manual mode it didn't save the update to the box.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!