assigning no-ip address

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 295 times. The last Post () by guinessguy.

• Sorry - another question....

How to I assign/link a no-ip.org address to my Debian server?

I tried to I follow the commands for 'HOW TO NO-IP update client for linux'. Seemed to work fine until the make line or make install. As instructed entered the command 'sudo apt-get install gcc' which prompted me to enter the password for my user, which I did. I was then given the following message: <username> is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported.

Via my CCcam file I am now linked to a couple of text peers but (obviously) they are not linked to me as the no-ip is not set up.

Thanks.

• I followed a guide that google brought up from this forum in the end. I think I set things up correctly using a no-ip.org address. However when I entered the command to restart the updater I was given the following message: To run ddclient as a daemon, please set run_daemon to 'true' in /etc/default/ddclient ... (warning).

What does this mean?

Do I actually need to run an updater via the Debian server PC if I have DUC updater from no-ip running on the same network on another PC?

How do I then actually link this hostname to the Debian server? (I have it on my cccam config file).

• I think most of this was actually unnecessary. All needed to do was port forward on the router as had a no-ip and DUC running for the sat box. Changed the port for the debian server and all good.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!