Ultimo as server outside home network ?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 917 times. The last Post () by thijss.

• Hi guys i want to share my cards ,not a lot, with some friends with my Ultimo.
    I'm absolute noob to this and have read http://linuxsat-support.com/ca…nes-clines-beginners.html
    I think i get the basics of it and i'm sharing my cards at my home network and working fine with cccam.
    The question is what dnds account or no-ip account would be enough for me.
    And how hard is the portforwarding part in my Motorola Netopia Router.
    And i more then likely will need more help with this to setup safely.

• go through the steps (there is a tutorial about how to set up a dyndns account on their site) choose a good host name.
    then choose a non default port.. i.e : 9995 , in your router. look for port forwarding in your router.
    in your .cfg file put the port you opened in router to LISTEN TO PORT: 9995
    --
    with your host write a cline : C: thijss.dyndns.org 9995 user1 pass1 no { 0:0:2 } respecting all the spaces between each part.
    Cline is which you give to your peer.
    then under this cline you write in .cfg you write the Fline which you keep in your .cfg : F: user1 pass1 2 0 0 { 0:0:2 } again respecting all spacings..
    All of these, port, etc are only examples,,, you decide yours..
    The only difference to your internal network is the host takes place of the internal IP ,, and you need to open a port for serving..
    there are a few ways to keep your host synchronised with the changing of IP ,,on the dyndns page you can download the updater for pc ,for example..

• hmmm, I always used Dyndns which I never paid for with the condition of refreshing it within a 30 day gap..
    I have always read of compatibility probs with no-ip,, perhaps this has been sorted by now..
    Of course this is a personal choice, and as I have never needed or used no-ip I cant tell you more..
    I don´t think dyndns charge a lot ,,perhaps 20€ per year.. (as yo tell I haven¨t been near it in a long time)

• Official Post

dnds it will be so ,thanks for the advice ,i'll report back with result

Dyndns for new customers has now changed, you now need to signup for a free trial giving them your credit card details & you get to keep the dns addy if you cancel. No-ip still allows you to signup & create a dns addy without all the hassle.Both work equally well.

• okay,trying to setup free no-ip at the moment would i have to have my pc running all the time for my ip to update on the account ?

You don't need to have you PC running..., in most routers you can configure it to update no-ip accounts, look for it inside you router.

• closed my no-ip account because it was not updating properly
    opened a Dyndns account after a lot of messing about i saw for the nat to work i had to put my firewall settings to low.
    And my friend got connected straight away.
    It's all very confusing but after a lot of reading in the posts in this forum i got there in the end.
    I found a plugin for the dyndns account to update ipadress for my Ultimo will this be enough to keep my Vu+ running as a server?

VU+ ULTIMO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!