setting up alien2 twin tuner

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,020 times. The last Post () by joebloggs123.

• I am not much good with writing so please bear with me I can only explain what I did in my perticular case as it worked for me as I am completley new to the Amiko box and spark,
    firstly you should be able to boot up the Alien in the Spark mode or the Enigma mode, I worked on th enigma side first as I have had a dreambox and thing are very similiar.
    I loaded the image found on this site called (New E2 image for Alien 2 -Amiko Alien 2 enigma 2 sth-stm24_0211-beta 0.01 Image created by osborne82 ) ,with my usb stick which was not a kingston brand but it worked well each time I pluged in it,
    then just followed instruction on screen downloaded the plug in mgcamd and put my details in the newcamd.list file and ftp saved and it was all so simple.
    When I booted in the Spark mode this was not so quick. I follwed dak@uk guide and each time i had a blank screen,
    I got confused as oscam was not known to me and the conversion from Cccamd to oscam realy through me on a wild goose chase.
    each time I went into menu - plugin i see oscam4spark when I highlighted it to green then pressed the red key start osd the next screen gives you four option Active- Config - Option - About.
    I went into config press yellow Add key i get the yellow icon with a number 1 press the green key to edit, then I would place my details of server name/ port/ user name etc press the green key to active server then select newcamd after that I ignored the last line which is Encrypt on the botton you will find red button for select and restart pressed that went back to the channel, still nothing.
    I had all the plugin loaded and then I went back into menu again into plugin and highlighted all the emu CCam214 -mgcamd.sh4 - etc that didn't work.
    I tried so many different thinks the I gave up came and asked a few question and did't get much help and i was not going to give up .
    After further reading post everyone made it look so easy so where am I going wrong.
    I had my working line on mgcamd on the Enigma side so I thought since I can ftp on the spark side it looked very similar so I deleted every thing did a factory restore on spark then I upgraded it to the latest firmware 1.2.58
    I went found another plugin download for spark from another website which had a var folder
    I loaded this plugin onto the usb stick and downloaded to amiko.
    instead of activating the oscam4spark plugin there is another plugin called mgcamd.sh4.plugin which i highlighted to green leaving all the rest on red (not active) ftp found the same plugin file I had just downloaded to the box opened it up and copied the entire var folder from the usb stick to the var folder on the box and I overwrite the existing files.
    I then located the newcamd.list file which lives under /root/plugin/var/keys,
    then I inserted my personal Nline copy and paste then made sure the permision is set to 755 by right click on the file and selecting file permission. saved made sure also that the bin file was located in /root/plugin/var/bin here you can see all the file the same as if you press select menu - plugin on the box.
    making sure the mgcamd.sh4.plugin is highlighted to green and after that a few seconds to my relief all my channels appeared.
    So the oscam never came into play for my personal point of view, they do work for some one who knows but for me the mgcamd did the trick - hope this helps some one and please feel free to add delete as necessary.

• Normally oscam is the server used for sharing the card to other users, so you would need both Oscam + MgCam installed, how do you rate the box, from a users point of view, e.g. 7 day epg ease of use, does it freeze/crash, missing channels and have you tried the recording functions?
    Regards

• I have been using it in enigma mode more than Spark and it has been very good reliable box In fact I've ordered another unit. channel change is quick no freezing. The recording I am having problems setting up the hdd on enigma but on the whole I am well happy.

• hi mate have got mine all set up and runing in spark chanles clering have instaled enigma2 when booted in to enigma2 have chanle list set up and 7day epg but my chanles dont clere whot do i need to add or do to enigma2 to get them working

I have been using it in enigma mode more than Spark and it has been very good reliable box In fact I've ordered another unit. channel change is quick no freezing. The recording I am having problems setting up the hdd on enigma but on the whole I am well happy.

boxs im good with= all ***box,s all openbox,s amiko alien 2 & SHD-8900

• make sure youe network is setup properly then i would Ftp your box in spark mode copy your bin folder to your desktop also copy your key folder. then reboot in enigma ftp and check what file are located in bin and key folder then paste the file from your desktop back to the bin and key folder. make sure you set the file permission to 755 in the keys. reboot and go into menu /setup find your emu and restart mgcamd. that should do the trick

• ok mate thanks will give that a tri and see whot hapens and let you know.
    where do i set file permission to 755 in keys
    will tri find where emu in menu will this be there now mate

make sure youe network is setup properly then i would Ftp your box in spark mode copy your bin folder to your desktop also copy your key folder. then reboot in enigma ftp and check what file are located in bin and key folder then paste the file from your desktop back to the bin and key folder. make sure you set the file permission to 755 in the keys. reboot and go into menu /setup find your emu and restart mgcamd. that should do the trick

• File permission setting is very easy, all you do is first FTP to the box, do you know how to do this? if yes i'll carry on. When you look at the screen on the lefthand side is you computer directory, on the right hand side is your box directory, look right down at the bottom on the right hand side you will see the var folder, click and open the folder, you will see the sub directory of var, click and open the keys folder, here you will find the list files, highlight the newcamd.list by clicking left mouse button then do a right click on the mouse and you will get another menu, at the bottom you will see File permission click on this and you will see another box pop up nemed "change file attributes" and enter 755 in the box at the bottom and click ok. now you have set the file permission. If you don't know how to FTP do a search and you will find lots of good tutorial on the subject.

• hi mate thank you for that very good tut i was looking in the files not in box that pops up when you right click. yes prity good with ftp to box its just a bit of time since worked with enigma2

HI mate have got it working now thank you

thanks mate

File permission setting is very easy, all you do is first FTP to the box, do you know how to do this? if yes i'll carry on. When you look at the screen on the lefthand side is you computer directory, on the right hand side is your box directory, look right down at the bottom on the right hand side you will see the var folder, click and open the folder, you will see the sub directory of var, click and open the keys folder, here you will find the list files, highlight the newcamd.list by clicking left mouse button then do a right click on the mouse and you will get another menu, at the bottom you will see File permission click on this and you will see another box pop up nemed "change file attributes" and enter 755 in the box at the bottom and click ok. now you have set the file permission. If you don't know how to FTP do a search and you will find lots of good tutorial on the subject.

• thanks mate i will and will keep playing with it two to learn moor so can help uthers two with this box.
    just need to get a some decent firmwhere that works with hd chanles thers only two at moment i think but not two stable.

Well done glad to help enjoy viewing

• Hi All
    I have just one problem with the amiko alien 2 in spark and enigma 2. The problem is channels are not clearing with tuner C free channels are fine. Anybody any idea. I am using cccam and newcamd tried both.

Regards

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!