Adding a HDD to an Alien 2 box

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,467 times. The last Post () by Lavatronics.

• I am in the process of deciding which stb to purchase - there is of course a number to choose from. Currently top of my list is the Alien 2 - triple tuner @ £170 seems good value.

I want to know if it is possible to put a SATA drive in the box?? I've a 500GB SATA sitting in a Media PC which the stb will replace - I plan to transfer it out.

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks Ben361. That is a shame....although from reading into what you've put could I purchase a SATA cradle with USB output I would connect it this way?? Or can I push a recording onto a NAS?? If I can push it onto a NAS is it easy to setup?

• hi m8 if you dont need to use the card readers you could do as i did and slip a 2.5" hard drive and connect it to the connection for the front usb on the board

No I plan.to use freeview and freesat, so I shouldn't need a card reader (right?). I'll USB the drive.

• Thanks Ben361. That is a shame....although from reading into what you've put could I purchase a SATA cradle with USB output I would connect it this way?? Or can I push a recording onto a NAS?? If I can push it onto a NAS is it easy to setup?

Yes that's correct you can use an existing SATA drive with a caddy to make it an external USB drive or you can use this with a NAS drive, setup is as straight forward as possible via nice easy to navigate menus using Spark, Enigma2 will depend more on the firmware used rather than anything else.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!