Bigger Dish

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 795 times. The last Post () by maxie.

• Hello Do I need a bigger dish ,my problem I have a Channel Master 1.0 mtre dish and when I go to the Sat Sirius and go to the Viasat package then go to TV2 Sport in the morning there is no pic at all on this channel but 11.30 am the pic comes on and a really good pic on all channels inc Viasat ,but at 4.30 pm the pic starts to break up and there is nothing at all on this Sat why is that Do I need a bigger dish would that solve my problem hope you can help cheers as this is doing my head in LOl thanks take care

• The signal will fluctuate during the day if your in a fringe reception area this can be down to atmospheric conditions rain,cloud cover etc etc, if you want 24/7 reliable reception your need a bigger dish and or you try a better lnb something like the inverto black ultra first and see if that helps

• if memory serves this bird is so close to the level of the horizon that from the uk it appears to dip below it in the evenings, resulting in your loss of picture. There really is not much if any thing you can do about it.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I get 24/7 reception on my 1.25 dish and inverto black ultra on all of the viasat sd channels and iam about as far as you can get outside the designated reception area in Devon,it would help if we knew where the op was located to offer a more definitive answer

• I get 24/7 reception on my 1.25 dish and inverto black ultra on all of the viasat channels and iam about as far as you can get outside the designated reception area in Devon

Must be another bird i was thinking of then, but as pointed out in the UK we are rite on the fringe of the area of reception and the fact that your almost as far south in the uk as you can get will really help you along, the further north you are the harder it will be to get and keep a lock on this bird during the evening.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I forgot to add im talking about the standard def channels the hd ones need a bigger dish in my location ie my 1.8 channel master i would have to diasgree about the futher north you go its harder to lock on it should actually be easier as your closer to the intended reception area.

I have a friend in Sheffield and he is able to get all of the channels including the hd channels on a 1 m dish

• Must be another bird i was thinking of then, but as pointed out in the UK we are rite on the fringe of the area of reception and the fact that your almost as far south in the uk as you can get will really help you along, the further north you are the harder it will be to get and keep a lock on this bird during the evening.

I think you may be thinking of 7w

:shamon:

• Hi Guys thats really helpfull so do you think I would be O.K. if I got a 1.2 mtre Channel Master dish I am down in South Wales I dont want to pay £250 if its going to be the same as my 1.0 mtre channel master has anybody got a 1.2mtre dish and working on the Sirius Satellite down here in the South hope you can help before I make a mistake and buy it thanks again take care

• If only mate that would be great,because this is doing my head in and I got to make my mind up this morning because the engineer is comeing thanks again take care

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!