HDD not initializing on Alien 2 in enigma

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,208 times. The last Post () by Matjill.

• Hi I been going round in circles again trying to get my hdd to work in the enigma mode it perfect on the spark side. I have placed it in the front and the back usb port making no difference, it is being recognised when i go into setup/system settings menu and by selecting hard drive I get the three options which are 1) Hard Drive Setup - which does nothing except select standby time for the drive option 2) Initialization - which when selected show my drive details and when selected to inialize by pressing the red key give you a warning about the data will be erased, selecting yes causes the drive led to blink for about seconds then reverts back to the main menu again. option 3) File system check which i just ignored. on exit I get an error message on screen saying: "Error: mke2fs 1.42.4 (12=June-2012) /dev/sda1 is mounted; will not make a filesystem here" . what's going on ??
    I have tried a different image and the same thing is happening. I have tried everything I know any advice would be great cheers

• I telnet and this is the diplay I get

"spark7162:~# mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD/dev/sda1
    usage: mkfs.ext3 [-c]-1 filename] [-b block-size] [-C cluster-size]
    [-i byte-per-inode] [-I inode-size] [-J journel-options]
    [-G flex-group-size] [-N number-of-inodes]
    [-m reserved=blocks-percentage] [-o creator-os]
    [-g blocks-per-group] [-L volume-label] [-M last-mounted-directory]
    [-0 feature[,...]] [-r fs-revision] [-E extended-option[,...]]
    [-t fs-type] [-T usage-type ] [-U UUID] [-jnqvDFKSV] device [blocks-count]

spark7162:~# cd/autofs/sda1
    -sh: cdautofs/sda1: not found
    spark7162~# mkdir movie
    spark7162~# "

i hit the return key straight after typing eash line is that right or do I have to add a # to end each line. when I add a # to mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD /dev/sda1#

I get this display

spark7162:~# mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD dev/sda1#
    mkefs 1.42.4 (12-June-)
    could not stat /dev/sda1# --- No such file or directory

The divice apparently does not exist; did you specify it correctly?

I am still learning with telnet so if you could tell me exactly how I should be entering these commands appreciate your help

ihave checked and in the /dev folder there is a file called sda and sda1

• I think it was titled "working e2 image by osbourne82 " from this forum perhaps you can recommend another image that works and I'll give that a go.

• Just loaded the image and hard drive initialized staight away and started recording without a problem. Should of put this image on in the first place, so the image I had needs some sort of modification. This PK nebula image i have scanned both tuners and my list of channel is missing most of the HD station how can I rectify this, tried scanning a few time same result.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!