Please HELP. I have no EPG on 28

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,756 times. The last Post () by mark T.

• Hi all, I have been using sat receivers for over 20yrs and the last I had was a Nannox. This VU-DOU using Blackhole is so different. Anyway, I have no EPG;s on 28. All other sats have EPG's and are working well. I am using Rytec and on Tuesday evening the EPG's started to vanish. By Wednesday all had gone. I have now fitted a 8gb usb stick in the back and I have directed the EPG's to usb not hdd but still no EPG's. If I scroll down the list and I do a S-yuk channnel list download the screen goes green and it crashes. If I then try a download nothing happens. Back to Rytec, if I do a EPG download it takes a few minutes as normal then says epg download complete but there is no EPG on any channel on 28. I dont really touch the settings as when I do things go wrong. The last time I altered settings I ended up sending the received back to the dealer to be reset/reflashed. So I am very nervous about altering things. Any help would be very gratefull and thank you in advance

• I would FTP to your HDD and USB and delete all files for the EPG as they may be conflicting.

I never really found Rytec stable enough.

I would advise download the Crossepg plugin off the TS-Panel.

The OpenTV providers - *** UK 28 East work's brilliant off that, auto updates every night then so once set up it does't need to be touched.

• Hi and thanks, but im confused I have do as the scren say on the crossepg settings but in 1 screen it says rytec be-nl and the other says rutec s-yuk. Do I use the UK 1 as im in the UK

• Exellent and thank you again. I used common sense and changed the benl to uk and downloaded. It worked. One more thing. People have said i using a very old Blackhole, image release 1.0.0 2010-06-05. i mentioned this to the dealer when I sent him the receiver back. But he said if its not broke dont fix it, I agree with this sometimes but do I need to update to a new image and if so how do I do it. Remember im nervous about changing settings. Thanks again

• Exellent and thank you again. I used common sense and changed the benl to uk and downloaded. It worked. One more thing. People have said i using a very old Blackhole, image release 1.0.0 2010-06-05. i mentioned this to the dealer when I sent him the receiver back. But he said if its not broke dont fix it, I agree with this sometimes but do I need to update to a new image and if so how do I do it. Remember im nervous about changing settings. Thanks again

If your happy with the reciever and aren't interested in changing the image leave it.

If you wish to update it and try out new images take a look through the tutorial section, all the info to help is there and its not that hard!

GV

• I have just pressed menue but there is no EPG back up or even crossepg mentioned. Is it because I have a very old Blackhole image. Sorry for all the questions but if I dont ask I wont learn

• Hiagain, I will leave as it is. Its working fine and I dont really know what benifits I would get by having a different image. Thanks again for all your help

• I have gone through every page in the setup menu. I found plugins but there is no mention of the word crossepg anywhere in the menu's. Maybe the blackhole i have is that old but its working. I only want it to watch the sport; thank

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!