My ISP giving me two different IPs

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 341 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• Hi m8s,
    I have setup my server and want to share externally.
    I have installed the dns updater in my ubuntu server with no-ip.org and working fine
    Command noip2 –S gives
    No noip2 processes active.
    Configuration data from /usr/local/etc/no-ip2.conf.
    Account nobogy@gmail.com
    configured for:
    host plss.no-ip.org
    Updating every 5 minutes via /dev/eth1 with NAT enabled.
    I have also port forwarded the port 10000 in my router, command netstat -anltp | grep "LISTEN"
    And I get
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:10000 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 967/oscam
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 903/apache2
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 566/sshd
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8888 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 967/oscam
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:27000 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 967/oscam
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:16000 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 962/CCcam.x86_64
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:16001 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 962/CCcam.x86_64
    tcp6 0 0 :::22 :::* LISTEN 566/sshd
    however I noticed that my IP in my router is different from my IP in

Code
    http://www.canyouseeme.org/

a friend told me the problem is from my ISP,pls I need your help,am really confused,friends cannot connect to me,I use 3g modem
    thx

• dunno mate..

But if i understood correctly.. you want to share over 3G networks ?
    Might be also the reason why ip's are changing quickly.

You will get big freezing problems because of the latency on 3G..

• M8, 3G is not suited to this hobby.. i tried it out of curiosity myself & the service was up and down all day long... You cant make your external ISP IP Address static (There are some exceptions, Contact your ISP for more info) but you can make your internal machine static, I used re-routing software.. I had the wifi dongle connected to my desktop and that in turn was setup as a wifi/wired hotspot and allowed me to give it an internal Static IP Address... Im not sure about the software I used. I will have a look later on and update this post..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• M8, 3G is not suited to this hobby.. i tried it out of curiosity myself & the service was up and down all day long... You cant make your external ISP IP Address static (There are some exceptions, Contact your ISP for more info) but you can make your internal machine static, I used re-routing software.. I had the wifi dongle connected to my desktop and that in turn was setup as a wifi/wired hotspot and allowed me to give it an internal Static IP Address... Im not sure about the software I used. I will have a look later on and update this post..

so what do you use mate?adsl....just advice

• Personally m8, I use cable (My external IP Address is static) but ADSL is fine too..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!