installing smargo

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,198 times. The last Post () by mogger.

• ok i have my server running oscam and cccam following Automated Oscam/CCcam 2.1.3 Install Package For Debian 6. now i just need it to read my smargo, do i need to install software for or just configure oscam.server correctly?

also when setting up my static ip i noticed my server cant connect to the internet using its browser any ideas how i fix that.

cheers

VU Duo VIX OE3.0

OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #6059
    CCcam 2.1.3 server

• Have a look at this thread about smargo software update and whether its needed?

http://linuxsat-support.com/li…l-smargo-smartreader.html

If all ok just use the following info from a thread here.....you just need to set it up in Oscam Config files accordingly

in oscam.server file

For a smargo reader plugged in via USB (you can identify the device by running lsusb and changing 003:002 to what suits your system)
    [reader]

label=Foxtel

protocol=SmartReader

detect=CD

group=1

emmcache=1,1,2

ecmcache=1

device=003:002

caid=096C

boxid=XXXXXX (to generate this, take your box serial number, drop the last digit and convert to HEX)

With you Internet issue...i had a similar problem but can't for the life of me remember how i sorted it lol

Just double check its not being blocked in you router (using IP address)

Failing that post the details in you interfaces file on your server i have a feeling it has something to do with that :-

Type

nano /etc/network/interfaces

And post details

(are you connecting to internet from server wired or wireless)

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Will do mate. I was tellin ten I'm setting up a new server from scratch and when settin a static on it it doesn't connect to Internet using Debians browser just like my original server which is a bit strange as I can connect internally but not externally? When I get home later I'll post my Ethernet comfigs.

How does this correspond with a usb port? Device=003:002

VU Duo VIX OE3.0

CCcam 2.1.3 server

• # The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback
    allow-hotplug eth0

# The primary network interface
    auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet static
    address 192.168.1.7
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    broadcast 192.168.1.255

ok above is my servers /etc/network/interfaces settings? is the broadcast correct or what is it supposed to be?

VU Duo VIX OE3.0

CCcam 2.1.3 server

• You using wired or wireless mate?

Did you check IP of Server in Router?

Only difference to mine is stated in red? Perhaps copy yours and then make changes and see if that works?

lssdalogo.png

• ok major breakthru!!!

using a wired connection mate. ive deleted "allow-hotplug eth0 (delete)" and added "gateway 192.168.1.1" now when i use port checker it now sees my service on the correct port :) which it never did before. but my server still doesnt seem to have an internet conncetion as the browser doesnt work. very close any ideas???

VU Duo VIX OE3.0

CCcam 2.1.3 server

• ok i have my server running oscam and cccam following Automated Oscam/CCcam 2.1.3 Install Package For Debian 6. now i just need it to read my smargo, do i need to install software for or just configure oscam.server correctly?

also when setting up my static ip i noticed my server cant connect to the internet using its browser any ideas how i fix that.

cheers

use caid as 0088124

• what u mean exactly mate?

Login in to your Router and just check that the IP address of server is present in something like (attached Devices for Virmin) also make sure its not being blocked or anything!

Also from another PC just double check that your network configs are correct, if you bring up network manager on say a Windows pc > View the details and just check gateway e.t.c are the same as server.... obviously ignore IP Addy as this will be the one of your Pc not server!

I presume you have rebooted since making change?

lssdalogo.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!