Problems with new Vu+Duo. with ViX

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 849 times. The last Post () by stargateuser.

• I have been following th eexcellent guide "How to set up your new Vu+Duo. with ViX"

But have a few issues
    (I am using a proper sl** card with entertain channels etc )

1. Satellite 28.2E Eurobird 1..Astra 1N/2A/2B/2D ---- I didnt see this exactly "Eurobird" ??

2. Loading a Bouquet or channel List ------ did this but can not see the Bouquet of channels, so ened up doing a manula scan and now have over 900!
    I merged "Mr.Mister - Vix 28.2 East Bouquets HD Swap" with "Mr.Mister- Vix Team 28.2 east *** UK Bouquets 02-10-12"
    File upload worked.

How do i verify if this has worked

3.Setting up a EPG or electronic program guide. ---- can i store the EPG on the HDD ratehr than USB stick ??
    Also i'm not sure what this is supposed to look like ??" To setup CrossEPG as your EPG "
    i selected 28.2 as this is the Bouquets that i loaded.

How do i verify if this has worked

4.Setting up a Softcam
    I downloaded enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk and followed procedure fine.
    (I am using a proper sl** card with entertain channels etc )

How do i verify if this stage has worked..

I was hoping the Bouquet and EPG would be very similiar to the Skx "!!

Can anybody shed some light on this for me ??

I can post some screen shots if needed

• OK - one thing at a time!

Once you have installed ViX - you then scan the channels,
    menu - setup - Service searching - Manual scan - type of scan 'single satellite' - choose yes for network scan and no for the others, and scan the right sat - this should be anything with 28e or 28.2e mentioned - my one says Eutelsat 28A/Astra 1N/2A/2B (28 East) - then press exit on remote until you get on to the channel viewing screen

If you are only using ***, then do the following - select a sly channel by pressing the down button, green button (satellites) - select your satellite (28 East) - services, then select any channel. Choose a free one if you haven't got your emu working yet to make sure it is ok

We are assuming you have your network working, so I would then suggest you use the 'AutoBouquets' plugin

Press menu, plugins - and then the green button ('Download Plugins') - navigate to extensions, and scroll down to 'autobouquets' - and select and install.

Note that sometimes if the ViX downloads are in an unstable state then you might not be able to do this straight away, unless you allow your receiver to be able to, which I won't go in to at the moment unless needed.

once you have done this and it is installed, then in your plugins menu, you can select this, press menu to set up for your region, ensure that it is on HD, and then after this is set, you can download a sly like channel list.

Key here is to read, follow what it says and use your intuition, as most of it is intuitive!

CrossEPG, and your EPG ingeneral needs to be configured as well, it doesn't work out of the box, again all this is in the forum, use the search bar to get the info you need in future.

To get to the EPG config, press menu - setup - system - EPG - settings.

in settings, choose the epg location you desire- then press green, then select CrossEPG, select 'OpenTV providers' - select *** UK OpenTV (astra2 on 28.2) - the third one down - then press green to save
    then select - 'configure' - and schedule once a day, and then select the time for a scheduled download - choose a time you dont watch or record - 4am is default - then press green.

to get an initial EPG - choose - 'Download now'

this will grab the epg.

Once you have done this and waited for it to complete, the ViX EPG should work - press the EPG button.

Once you are on the EPG there are certain things you can configure using the menu button - i select yes for show bouquet on launch.

For setting up your Sly card, I would recommend you use Oscam to read your card. Easy way is to Download and install TSpanel - read the thread and download the one you need - once installed, go in to it from the plugins menu - select 'addons' - linuxsat_support_addons - cams - vix/oscam/cccam 2.1.3 configs, and scroll down to the one for sly_uk

then once this is installed, enable this - menu - setup - softcam/ci - softcam manager - and enable to start from boot, and green button starts it

take your time!!!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Everything seems to working fine apart from seeing the sly channels that the card should alow me to see..

I have been trying to understand the CCcam.cfg file, but i dont understand what i hav eto put in there so the softcam reads the card...
    I have tried the card in both slots but still it dosnt seem to read it..

any ideas ??

• This is what you need to add for cccam to be able to read your card,this is set for the bottom slot on the duo.If you wish to use the top slot you would change the "1" to a "0" after the sci on both lines.The boxkey is worked out buy taking the serial number of your sly box that the card was paired with and converting it to hexadecimal,you would replace the # with the numbers/letters that are generated from a hexadecimal convertor.

BOXKEY : /dev/sci1 ## ## ## ##
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY : /dev/sci1 3570000
    SMARTCARD SID ASSIGN : /dev/sci1 0

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Yes they are all emulators,each are just different versions of a cam.You can used them individualy or combined ie. cccam+oscam

oscam can read your card and then you can use cccam to share etc

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi Spud 312R,

I'm F4R ;-)

Personally I use oscam, I personally find it much easier than arsing about with f lines and c lines. But everyone has their favourite!

With oscam you don't need the box id and all the hex conversion stuff, as oscam just reads it. It is very easy to set up and once you are happy you can get all clever with all the different options. What ever you do - don't put your box id on any forum ;-) ...... they who provide the cards look for this and will allegedly then kill your card over the air.

There is plenty out there (search engine) for oscam s** uk configs. Here is a bit of a working oscam.server file:-

[reader]
    label = uk_sat
    protocol = internal
    device = /dev/sci0
    caid = 0963
    ecmwhitelist = 0963:3E,42,44,45,47,4E,4F,5F,53,54,56,61,62,67,68,69,6A,6B,6 D,6E,6F,71,72,73,74,76,77,78,79,7A,7C,7D,7E,80,85,8B
    detect = cd
    mhz = 600
    cardmhz = 600
    ident = 0963:000000
    group = 1
    ecmcache = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-g = 1
    blockemm-u = 0
    blockemm-s = 0
    lb_weight = 300

Good luck mate :-)

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!