How To Flash Amiko Alien SHD 8900 ??? Help !

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,177 times. The last Post () by grof8250.

• Hi

I'm very new in the amiko world.

1st question : How to boot on spark ? Currently each time I start the stb it launch OpenPli.

The OpenPli is complletly crap ! So I would like to pur an other image. My intention is to use HDMU_1377_E2_spark_211_git_4953_nodebug_nolcd_Diff0_ffm_Flash

Could you please tell me how to flash ? and what are the steps ?

Many thanks !!!
    Stone

• This should help for installing a new image. It also explains how to switch between Spark and Enigma.

• followed instructions did not work the box in the video is different switched on power held down ok button force comes up press right arrow just 2 numbers come up 7 and 70 alternating help

• The video is is exactly how i flashed mine. Worked perfectly for me.

I'm sure the two numbers that are showing are indicating an error. I had something similar when the box wouldn't read from the USB stick i was using. (a five year old 4gb Kingston Data Traveler)

I then tried a 16gb Kingston Data Traveler G2 and it worked fine. I would try it again using another usb stick.

Nano

• Apparently the Alien boxes are quite fussy when it comes to the type of USB stick you use.

I use a 16Gb Sandisk Cruzer for my Gigablue. The Cruzer won't work with the Alien it just gives an error. The same is said about the 16GB Kingston DataTraveler G2 i use on my Alien, it doesn't work in the Gigablue.

I would suggest you look on ebay, you can get a 4Gb DataTraveler for as little as £4.

Nano

• well got a new kingston usb put in box followed instructions all worked fine got to onscreen menu all fine utill scan for satillites none found tried manual nothing asked me about oscam clicked ok machine re booted now get green page saying sorry errors seached for a new enigma file got one by osbourne says bug fixed so loaded back onto stick followed set up back to square 1 wont flash same errors 7 70 please helpppppppp

• HDMU_1403_E2_spark_211_git_5003_nodebug_nolcd_Diff0_ffm_Flash.zip found a new one but wont flash due to stick issue Working E2 image for alien 2.rar\Working E2 image for alien 2 - RAR archive, unpacked size 46,502,626 bytes

• you have a alien1 (8900)
    the image is good for the alien1 (8900) : HDMU_1403_E2_spark_211_git_5003_nodebug_nolcd_Diff 0_ffm_Flash.zip
    this part i don`t understand : Working E2 image for alien 2.rar\Working E2 image for alien 2 - RAR archive, unpacked size 46,502,626 bytes
    please explain

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• I searched for another image thinking that one i flashed was no good due to errors when installed and found this one

Working E2 image for alien 2.rar\Working E2 image for alien 2 - RAR archive, unpacked size 46,502,626 bytes

but my usb will not install due to error 7 70 showing on box it worked before but not now

• wich box do you have
    alien1 = 8900 = 7111
    alien2 = 7162
    a e2 image for the alien1 can not used for the alien2
    a e2 image for the alien2 can not used for the alien1
    try to format your usb stick again

So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• i think you have to try some e2 images for the amiko 8900.
    format your usb stick again with another program like HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool and try it again.
    i have two alien2 boxes and i have a sandisk cruzer mini and that works.
    amiko recommend kingston but it seems not al the kingston usb sticks are working on alien and alien2.

Spark STI 7111 Support

Support for ADOH R1, Amiko Alien SHD 8900, Amiko Alien Mini, Goldmaster HD 1200, Golden Media 990 CR HD PVR Spark LX, Golden Media Spark Reloaded, Edision Argus Pingulux, Edision Argus Pingulux Plus, Galaxy Innovations GI S, SAB Unix F+ Solo, Dynavision Spark, Dynavision Spark Plus, Fulan Spark I+, Truman Premier 1+, Samsat Linux 1, Startrack SRT 2020 HD, FullHD FH 2020 HD, Yumatu Spark, Visionnet Hammer, Visionnet Fireball, Superbox S750, Sogno Spark Revolution, Spark STI 7111 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!