HTTP Error 403: forbidden

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,153 times. The last Post () by BadBlake.

• I just set up my PC and Uno so I can stream from the Pc to the Uno.
    And I got this message: HTTP Error 403: forbidden

Sharing is enabled
    ip address of the server (pc) is correct
    vlc running on pc with web interface enabled
    have added vlc in firewall exceptions list.

So what's causing this??

• Ok, I now have access to my movies on my pc-solved that.
    But when trying to play a movie or video clip, I only get sound -no picture!
    Suggestions anybody?

• Couldn't just tell you based on this limited information - could be the encoding on the VLC or the decoding on the Uno - why not bypass using VLC completely and set up a shared drive containing your video files on your PC? - you can then set up the Uno to access this shared drive - using the network manager - browse network to the PC's ip and folder and mount this on your receiver - you can then access the files as you would from a HDD or USB plugged straight in to your receiver.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Thanks for the tip. I have to admit I am a newbie when it comes to satellite boxes.

I already have a few shares on my pc, so doing this should be straight forward proceedure, but I don't have the network manager (at least I've never seen it). Is this a plugin?

• Thanks for the tip. I have to admit I am a newbie when it comes to satellite boxes.

I already have a few shares on my pc, so doing this should be straight forward proceedure, but I don't have the network manager (at least I've never seen it). Is this a plugin?

I have mounted the share from my pc, and the mount is visible from the mount menu on the Uno, but how do I access these movies on my share?

I tried using mediaplayer but only internal flash,hdd and usb stick are accessible.
    also tried a full restart of the Uno with same result.

• Do the files play fine with audio when to play them directly on the computer?
    Do you have the latest codec(s) pack installed for VLC? I had a similar issue a while back until I updated the pack.

• I have mounted the share from my pc, and the mount is visible from the mount menu on the Uno, but how do I access these movies on my share?

I tried using mediaplayer but only internal flash,hdd and usb stick are accessible.
    also tried a full restart of the Uno with same result.

If it has mounted properly then the share should be visible in media player. In your network settings - Mounts manager - select mountpoints management and select the network share, it shold me mounted as CIFs share, the ip address should be correct, the local share name should be what you want to mount it as, and the server share should be the directory path of the shared folder on your PC. I have no real issues playing files this way - My brother uses this method for watching blu ray rips, and I generally use it for MP4 files downloaded from youtube. Occasionally get audio issues but this seems a bug rather than a codec issue as a reboot cures it.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Do the files play fine with audio when to play them directly on the computer?
    Do you have the latest codec(s) pack installed for VLC? I had a similar issue a while back until I updated the pack.

They play great on my pc-the problem is that I am only receiving sound -no picture. I installed the codecs pack recomended by Cazuela in post 17 (see post below from Cazuela) but it did not help. Still only sound. Sound on .avi and nothing on .mkv files

• If it has mounted properly then the share should be visible in media player. In your network settings - Mounts manager - select mountpoints management and select the network share, it shold me mounted as CIFs share, the ip address should be correct, the local share name should be what you want to mount it as, and the server share should be the directory path of the shared folder on your PC. I have no real issues playing files this way - My brother uses this method for watching blu ray rips, and I generally use it for MP4 files downloaded from youtube. Occasionally get audio issues but this seems a bug rather than a codec issue as a reboot cures it.

Just doesn't work -I tried remounting and I even mounted manually. I get the message that all mouts are valid but they are not seen i media player. Might as well forget this...

• I'm having a problem streaming from my pc to my Vu Uno

When streaming divx /avi files I only receive sound, but no picture.
    If I try streaming .mkv files I get nothing.

In the error log in vlc on the server (my pc) it says:
    Streaming / Transcoding failed
    VLC could not open the encoder

Anybody????

• Please do not open another thread with the same problem as you give us extra work and then we dont get to do other things like look for a possible solution to the problem..
    do you have vlc installed on the UNO ?????? try that..
    I presume you have read my tut and followed it to the letter???
    if this fails again then uninstall vlc 2.14 on the uno and the pc and go back to vlc 086B ...
    and start all over again,,,

• Please do not open another thread with the same problem as you give us extra work and then we dont get to do other things like look for a possible solution to the problem..
    do you have vlc installed on the UNO ?????? try that..
    I presume you have read my tut and followed it to the letter???
    if this fails again then uninstall vlc 2.14 on the uno and the pc and go back to vlc 086B ...
    and start all over again,,,

Ok
    Yes I have the vlc plugin installed on the Uno and I installed the drivers from your post nr. 17. On my pc I have vlc 2.04 installed.
    I will try to install ver. 086b and see what happens. Can't see that this will make any difference -going back to this old version. Is this what everybody is using?
    Like I said -the error log says:
    Streaming / Transcoding failed
    VLC could not open the encoder

VU+ UNO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!