CCCam Reshare - is there a max concurrent connections option? - few problems?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,079 times. The last Post () by deerhunter290378.

• Ok so the senario is i have my ccam linked to oscam which is fine as per always, then i add my peers lines into the mix which gives others reshare to hop 2 , however yesterday the everton game was announced late on viasat, i have a good share (hop1) and a reshare option, so i rang 2 mates who wanted to watch and share from me, however one was connected ok and watching and the other was trying to use a hop 3 share from another line and wouldnt use the same line as the 1st mate? , so my question is this , is there a way that a peer can limit the number of conncurrent connections to a single original share , ie say i will let the hop1 view and then only one person connected to him via hop 2 and block anyone else, or is it just a case that ccam knew it was busy and tried elsewhere?

I am starting to think that although oscam is frowned on surly it is far better for a small closed group of my mates as oscam will cache the ecm and then the others will all have no issues since we normally only use shares for footie? , i know people say they dont like oscam a it requests from all peers at same time but surly thats only based on the caid - so it wouldnt request a 0963 form a 09cd only share??? I dont have a big server so i rekon witch caching it would be better ince the usage is only during the footie anyway?

Maybe someone can fill me in on how / what cccam is doing or if the line is being tweaked???

cheers guys

• me thinks its that CCcam as intelligent as it is goes for the fastest ping and response time no matter the peer.
    there is a theory that it will go for first in the list top to bottom...
    but I think this is more of a coincidence just as the theory that Nlines are faster than Clines..
    As you say,,the group is quite small so unless there is a very heavy user drawing all the attention from the server not giving it time to handle other requests,,,if your server is the only one that the othe peer has then its going to be heavy)
    so I think its down to fastest response time..
    had a similar scenario last night during the boxing...

• hmm ...horses for courses..you already got load balancing ¿ right?? so as a matter for educational purposes its worth a try..
    I´m sure a lot of users would be very interested in your findings
    :thumbsup:

• ok just a quick update to say oscam is by far the way forward , all moved to oscam , reshares remain in place as long as you set the correct reshare to clients (dont know why people moan about oscam only) , just had 4 mates connect to a footie channel from a share and - hey presto , one ecm request , 4 cached ones to the other clients = loads less requests via cccam to the peer. Channel changes are also quicker! will give it a propper run down tomoz when liverpool are on.....

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!