Duo epg display problem

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,055 times. The last Post () by hs5424.

• Hi All,
    This problem pops up intermittently on my VU+ duo when it downloads a new EPG. When I select the TV guide it may have no epg info or maybe epg info along side some of the channels listed. However if I scroll down to a channel which has no epg info, press ok to view and then return to the TV list the epg for that channel will now be displayed. At first I thought that the box was not downloading and epg's, however I now think that the problem is displaying the downloaded guide. I am now running BH 1.7.6 but had the problem with an older BH image also. I save my epg's to a usb stick.

Thanks in advance.

• it just crossepg and rytec. sometimes the website just doesnt have a full epg. it will the next day. happens to all of us. dont know why someone doesnt write a script to extract the epg stream from the channel your watching in the background or change the opentv one from hiphop seein as its no longer there

• I have the exact same issue on my Duo to. But Does ANYONE know if it can be better then it is now (my box is not showing a complete EPG every 2'nd day or so..really annoying) because you really cannot place a timer to if the epg is not showing some days in the future!?! Please advise me if possible... thanks in advance!!

• @wozbwfc..thanks for your attention but my Duo Limited Edition is bought with the HDD mounted, so should be okay (works fine with other plugins). My challenge is also that "OpenTV" providers only have 4 sat-pos. they support wich two of them is 28.2E and my needed sat-pos. here in Denmark is 0.8W/1.0W...so that could be some of the problem :( In the meantime i just think it is funny that you have moved to VIX and find EPG better when BlackHole is promoting there images with THE BEST EPG OF ALL??? -not the reality if you ask me! But lastly i will give a wiki-link to what i think should be THE EPG future solution (check the 2 pics. in right upper side and read the article "Current Applications" on the site) Have a good evening mate.. Link: Electronic program guide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• BH is aimed at vu+ i was on 1.7.5 it was ok but felt like a change on my duo and vix as a good built in epg and when i go on a different satalite with in a couple of minutes epg as loaded up. and im sure you can put a satalite on BH for which epg you want !!

• I have the exact same issue on my Duo to. But Does ANYONE know if it can be better then it is now (my box is not showing a complete EPG every 2'nd day or so..really annoying) because you really cannot place a timer to if the epg is not showing some days in the future!?! Please advise me if possible... thanks in advance!!

Hi dbstaff,
    I have found that even with all my settings as per the link posted by wozbwfc below I still have intermittent loss of EPG's. Sometimes using EPG restore works fine but not always. The best way when all else fails is to use menu / shutdown / hard reset and then do a manual EPG download. I have just restored the EPG this evening using this procedure. My wife had tried for about an hour with little success but did not know about the hard reset trick. Also worth checking is devise manager as sometimes neither the HD or the USB stick will be detected. My box usually crashes with green screen at this stage but when it reboots all will be ok. I am using BH 1.7.6. Using 1.7.8 was a pain as I had frequent green screen crash scenarios.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!