Reliably browse my duo harddrive from windows

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 503 times. The last Post () by regenold.

• Hi all.
    Just wondering if people can advise me on how to reliably browse media stored on my duo from windows. It occasionally shows up on my network in my computer but it's always temperamental.
    Have the issue of it being intermittent whether using vix or bh.
    Am currently using bh 1.7.8 and a windows 8 laptop. I couldn't detect it until I played a stored avi via the web interface, after that it showed up under the network tab in windows explorer.
    Can anyone tell me how to find the hd of the duo reliably from other devices?
    Cheers.

• Ensure the smb server is running ok - not sure if it is working as default or you have to activate it in BH, but in ViX you need to navigate to the Network settings and enable it with the green button and press yellow to enable it to start from boot. Also you should fix the receiver to a static internal IP address - best done in the router - this will depend on the router on how it is done, but usually you have to locate the mac address and fix it to a specific IP address. You can also do this in your network menu - adaptor settings - choose not to use DHCP and assign a fixed IP address, only problem being is if it isn't fixed in your router it can cause conflicts if your receiver is off for a while and another device gets assigned to the one fixed on the receiver.

In windows (this is for windows 8) - my computer - right click - select "add a network location" then click next and choose custom location

add the ip address like this for example

\\192.168.0.001\

depending on what your receiver ip address is - edit above, then click browse and you should then see that IP address appear - click on the arrow before the ip address to expand the folders on that address - I see my Root folder and the Harddisk folder, and then select the one you want and press ok. If you want all the folders then repeat the process, but remember if you choose root you can navigate to any folder you want in windows, but beware with what you mess with!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!