Vu+ Duo guidance

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 775 times. The last Post () by hs5424.

• Hi All,
    I own a VU+ duo for the past 18 months or so and have had little or no problems with it apart from the occassional lack of epg download or display of epg. I recently purchased two more of the same type (original) and am setting them up for some friends. I have loaded these boxes with BH 1.7.8 and have observed the following. Occasionally if I click on device manager I cannot see either the usb stick or the hard drive which are both installed and working ok. I then get a crash log green screen. After it reboots both the hard drive and the usb stick are present in device manager. Where do I view or extract the crash log so that I can have some of you guys take a look at it.
    N.B.
    I have the same issue with the box which has BH 1.7.6 installed. I selected 1 partition for both devices when I was installing them. Both are mounted as media/hd and media/usb.
    Thanks in advance.

hs5424

• Thanks for that mckee25.
    I never used the epg restore facility before . It should proove useful.
    Can I post the crash log here later for someone to take a look at it. Something may be obvious to you or other members. It has been mentioned to me that only some hard drives will work with the VU. Maybe the log will point to this. I hope not as I just purchased two 500G seagate units.

• Sorry bud,
    Its western digital I used. I think that the problem is with bh 1.7.8. I have other machine with 1.7.6 which appears ok. I need to test them over a period. I am flashing the problem box(1.7.8 light) with 1.7.6 to see if things improves. I will post my findings.
    Thanks ,
    Talk later.

• Sorry bud,
    Its western digital I used. I think that the problem is with bh 1.7.8. I have other machine with 1.7.6 which appears ok. I need to test them over a period. I am flashing the problem box(1.7.8 light) with 1.7.6 to see if things improves. I will post my findings.
    Thanks ,
    Talk later.

Just flashed box with 1.7.6 and all is ok when I go into device manager (no green screen). It appears that my box is not happy with 1.7.8 light. I will test it over the next week or so.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!