high ecm

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,444 times. The last Post () by blacksx.

• i dont fully understand ecms and what the times mean? if they are too high does it cause glitching? my slybox f3 on espn hd is getting oscam ECMs 122ms, cccam ECMs 265ms. the cccam reading looks fairly high and this is with only one other reciever on my server at that time?

VU Duo VIX OE3.0

OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #6059
    CCcam 2.1.3 server

• please read the posts already coving high ecms, avg is 80-120 sports and hd have been reported from 180-400

i could be wrong but i was told above 500 is glitching

• I think the term High ECM should be put in to context - for example - sly UK local ECM response is usually under 100ms, for JSC Sports Viaccess it is about 250ms and for MTV Unlimited Conax it is over 500ms - these are all observed by myself. To get an idea of what the response times should be from a card located on a remote server, then add the expected local time to the ping time between you and the server who hosts the card, and a few more ms to allow for network conditions. If the server is busy then it can increase the time further. Some cards ie - sly UK request a Control Word (CW) which is encrypted as an entitlement control message (ECM) once every few seconds, but some cards are much less frequent than this, so that is why you will find that the services that request more are more likely to 'glitch'. Basically, the term 'High ECM' is referring to the time it takes between the service request and the answer from the card, and if this takes too long then it will cause a break in the decryption, or 'glitch'. If you use Oscam, then you can see this in motion, and will be able to detect the glitch in the logs, associated with an unusual spike in the response times.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• CCcam and Oscam are different software so the way they work could affect the ECM times. You shouldn't worry about response times. If you get glitching, you can then see if it is down to high ECM, if you don't get glitching then no need to worry.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Ok ECM times on my set up are noticeably higher On cccam peaking at 500ms and 2-3 averaging 300-400ms but the ecms are reasonably low and stable on Oscam averaging 120-160. There's been no noticeable glitching on any of my recievers. should I be worried. Would a reboot help?

VU Duo VIX OE3.0

OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #6059
    CCcam 2.1.3 server

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!