AppleTV Gets It's First Jailbroken App: NitoTV

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 975 times. The last Post () by FoxForceFive.

• "It didn't take long for our jailbroken AppleTV's to get rocking with custom Apps. The first app to come to AppleTV is called nitoTV.

nitoTV is a front end application for the popular mplayer media player. Using perian and Apple's DVDPlayback.framework, users can create playlists and add files or folders of their choice.

So what else does NitoTV do? Well it's more than just a media player. Supposedly you can even use NitoTV to play nes, snes, genesis, game gear and gameboy advanced roms, view RSS feeds and 3-day Weather forecasts.

At this point, you should be able to play almost any media file type. However, the installation process might have the unexperienced scratching their head. You will be required to SSH the files over to your AppleTV.

While not everything is working 100%, this is still a big step forward for Apps on the AppleTV"

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

• Which Apple TV is that's been jb'd, the newer ones or the older ones?

The reason I ask is that I'm looking to run my XBMC on a standalone media pc but if I can get it on an older Apple TV I can use that.

• Right, i'bve done some digging (pretty much made my eyes bleed reading the xbmc wiki & trying to understanding coding speak) & there's no chance of getting xbmc on a new apple tv, it's the computer equivalent of trying to run an electric car on petrol.

Ah well, looks like I need to research some small lightweight cheap pcs instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!