Advice needed on USB Wi-Fi adapter for Slyway Classic3 receiver

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 812 times. The last Post () by sevenoceans.

• Original ***box USB Wi-Fi for

***box Openbox M3 F3 Satellite receiver

***box usb wifi adaptor dongole

design for ***box M3 ***box F3 openbox x3

Hi there I am new to these kind of receivers and want to know which one of the above will work with my

slyway classic 3 HD receiver? The router/AP is upstairs and the box is downstairs in living room. Without

the internet connection I cannot configure the box and use it to its full capacity. At the moment it is only

showing me FTA and the Non-FTA shows '5crambled 5ervice'. Also if anyone can point me into the right

direction I want to try Enigma2 if there is any newbies step by step guide it will be very help. I got Sly fixed

dish I do not have any right size ladder to make any changes even though I can manage DIY just right.

The box has got updated latest firmware.
    http://***wayhd.ru/***way-classic3.html

Apologies to admin if I have open the thread in wrong section, it can be moved if needed.
    Thanks in advance
    Oceans

• I got top one m8 with box and all works good with no drop out of signal

Vu Solo 4K Running OpenBlackhole 5.1

MultiSat

Panasonic 55" 4k OLED Model TX-55902B

• Thanks for the reply, home plug is out of option as we got flat system and we share internet between two flat hence left with only WiFi option. I am sure any wifi should work but the seller said it will only work with Slybox Openbox M3 F3 this is the reason I raised the question.

• Thanks for the reply, home plug is out of option as we got flat system and we share internet between two flat hence left with only WiFi option. I am sure any wifi should work but the seller said it will only work with Slybox Openbox M3 F3 this is the reason I raised the question.

I f thats the case m8 use a vonet usb wifi bridge these can be used on most linux recievers and lan type recievers for example openbox f3 m3 etc.regards

• buy a dlink 615 router and put dd-wrt on it then you can use it a an access point /extender/bridge / what ever you want set Qos to your sat box as a priority you can bid for them as little as £8 on ebay and you can hook up by ethernet also 300mbs and good signal link

• buy a dlink 615 router and put dd-wrt on it then you can use it a an access point /extender/bridge / what ever you want set Qos to your sat box as a priority you can bid for them as little as £8 on ebay and you can hook up by ethernet also 300mbs and good signal link

Thanks for the suggestion so what I understand from the above that I can use and set this router wirelessly as AP/extender and then use those 4 x RJ45 ports for my RJ45 compatible devices. This means I can then permanently connect those other devices directly via Ethernet cables hence saves me time and energy swap between devices with my USB WiFi dongle. I am sure it can be setup without push button via log into router and place pass key as the existing one does not got push button. Will this work with manufacturers existing latest firmware or I have to replace with DD-WRT and hoping this FW will not have any issue with my other devices ie. media player, freeview etc?

BTW I managed to connect my USB WiFi (54mbps wireless usb adapter, Model: WLUSB v2.0.0) cheap chines make. It requires reboot while connected which I found out hard way, instead I was trying while the box was turned on and waiting for response on tv screen silly me. The only thing is, it gets hot while connected in the box within couple of hrs however the box is outside the cabinet cos it is still not fully functional (ie. CS, E2) once finished it has to go inside the cabinet. Hope nothing goes wrong cos I spent lot of £££.

If you confirm the above will work according to my understanding then that USB will go back into my secondary PC. I am already tracking couple of the above routers on eBay.

Thanks in advance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!