Need Help Setting Up A Motorized Dish

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,720 times. The last Post () by nano.

• trying to set up motorised dish 1 meter dish with technomate tm-2600 super motor, can u please tell me what my moptor elevation should be and my dish declination please.

• my latitude is xxxxxx my longitude is xxxxxx i have latitude and elevation markings on my motor either side of it can u please advise what my angle should be set at on my motor please i very new to this

• we need more info Emmisions ?

1st where are you ! Not exactly ! just the closest town or village will do ?

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• my latitude is xxxxxxx my longitude is xxxxxxxxxxx i have latitude and elevation markings on my motor either side of it can u please advise what my angle should be set at on my motor please i very new to this

¿Are you sure about your longitude ?? as I am checking and it doesnt come up anywhere.
    Now I have found it,,,, according to your IP it should be longitude -7.11562 (another fellow countryman ;)

As you can see it is based on a 100cms dish pointing at nearest southern point.
    and I found it using this amazing little gem based on your lat/correct long ;)

• i live in ireland i can get{ 28east} {13 east} {19 east} {7 east} {5 east} 7 {east} {1 west} !!!!! anything !!!!!!! from 1 west nothing using tecnomate tm-2600 super motor 1 metre dish i am using at the moment a ( manhattan plaza st 550) i know its an old box i am getting a vu+ solo clone in the next few days if i can recieve these satelites as we speak am i actully on the arc or can u advise i have my dish angle on 30 degrees and motor as we speak at 52 degrees

• i can recieve 28 east 19 east 13 east 5 east 7 east i west anything after 1 west nothing i am using an old reciever its a manhattan st550 but upgrading in next few days

Motor Latitude: 52.3°
    Declination Angle: 7.5°
    Dish Elevation: 22°

these are the quotes from the experts...
    but if you are already recieving all easterly platforms with no probs then you must have a building or a high/ wide object( trees,etc) in line of sight..
    On dishpointer there is an option to show you if somehting is blocking the line of "sight" .. go to page ,tick the box and it will show you at what height ...
    On a well calculated arc you should be able to get 28ºE + 30ºW without any probs ,then finetune the rest ;)

• i have no restrictions i have full line of sight i am east facing appartment block full line of sight can u tell me if i am actully on the arc if i can recieve all the east sats my dish elevetion is set at 30 drgrees and motor is set at 52 layitude

• Which satellite have you setup on?

You will also need to know which satellite is the most due south of your longitude, My longitude is roughly 0.55 West, so my most southerly satellite is Thor at 0.8w which is the one i would need to setup on.

You need to figure out which satellite is the most due south from where you are and setup on that. If your in Ireland it could possibly be 5w. Forget trying 4w and 7w as they are very weak unless you have a large dish (1.5m+).

Have you also ensured your pole the motor is attached to is exactly vertical? If its not forget it as it won't follow the arc properly no matter what you do.

Nano

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!