Open box x3 USB upgrade issue

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,585 times. The last Post () by bigalan.

• Hi

I have the open box x3 and have been unable to upgrade via USB ( it is definitely not the USB drive as they work fine in other x3 boxes).

I have tried to flash by serial cable and although the open box repair tool( old s10 s11 version recognises the box) it keeps coming back with an error when I click to upgrade. I have varied the timing between clicking next and switch china on the box but its always the same outcome.

Could someone please confirm what firmware and tool I should be using to do this.

Cheers

• Well after xmas decided to get to grips with this rougue box of mine. After having no luck with the usb port and flashing. Attempting various upgrade software via the rs232 port and even trying the x lan tool from the manufacturers website, all to no evail!!

Days later and out of shear desperation I took the box to bits, removed the card reader and removed the tiny pcb that the usb socket is mounted on, and there was the problem!! a couple of dry joints on the usb pcb!!

I managed to find an old usb femail lead, stripped back the connectors and put a pcb connector on the other end, plugged it in and all of a sudden the box recognises the usb port. Back in buisness!!!

I think one to watch out for! It doesnt look like a clone, just poor materials generally on the usb socket where it attaches to its own tiny usb pcb.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!