DM800 HD - Every 10 minutes I see the gears in the left top

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 929 times. The last Post () by Robxxx7.

• Hi everyone,

The past few days I've been playing with my DM800 HD, since yesterday I get every 10 minutes or so, in the left top of the screen the 'gears' icon/animation. When this happens, I still get picture and can continue to view, but everything else freezes on the dreambox, I can't change channel, I can't go into menus etc. It takes about 30 seconds before I can switch again.

Any idea what this could be?

• Hmm that could be it, because I noticed this after installing a plugin E2BU, this is a plugin that creates bouquets, there where 2 versions, 1 without picon updater and 1 with picon updater, I installed the one with picon updater.

Is it possible to FTP to the dreambox and remove the picons? Where are they located?

Any link to where I can find help/info to set the EPG and/or picons to USB? Also for the swapfile? Sorry I'm very new to the Dreambox, feel like I landed on a different planet. :)

Thanks!

• Official Post

Is it possible to FTP to the dreambox and remove the picons? Where are they located?

It is possible, but i`m not familiar with E2BU plugin so don`t know the location it has sent the picons to, you could try looking in /usr/share/enigma2 for the folder named picon, then remove it..

Any link to where I can find help/info to set the EPG and/or picons to USB?

If its CrossEPG you are using then follow this guide HERE - http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…ackhole-epg-settings.html

Download a picon pack from HERE - Picons, the picon images must be inside a folder named picon for the image to recognise it, FTP this picon folder to /media/usb, your image should be able to see the picons after a reboot (usb will need to be mounted and mapped to /media/usb)..

Also for the swapfile?

This is usually done within the image menu, if you can`t find this option take a look at this guide HERE - Manually Creating a Swapfile..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!