Amiko Alien 2 Dual boot Spark & Enigma 2 Receiver with Twin Tuner

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,985 times. The last Post () by nano.

• I am selling my Amiko Alien 2 satellite receiver. Its less than a month old and has less than 3 hours use. It is the twin satellite tuner variety and was purchased from Lavatronics.

It comes boxed with the manual,remote control with the Amiko product card. it also still has all the protective cellophane on the front of the receiver.

It has the correct uboot loader installed so you can flash E2 images to it. It is currently running Spark and SatStation Enigma 2. I haven't taken to this receiver and i just don't have the time to play with it. Its spent the last three weeks in its box on top of the wardrobe in my bedroom and thats probably where it will stay for the foreseeable future.

With this in mind i have decided to sell it rather than keeping hold of something that will get very little use. I have more receivers than i know what to do with so theres no point in keeping it.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures as they were taken on my phone.

I'm looking for £125 including postage for it.

No offers will be accepted as this is essentially a brand new receiver.

Payment by Paypal gift or by bank transfer only.

i can give you 115pounds and maybe pick up in person i`m in london.

Feel free to ask the seller any questions you may have but if you would like to negotiate on price or postage then please do this by Private Message.

• It would cost you about £40 in fuel for a round trip from London to where i am. Have you seen my location? Sorry I'm not interested.

I'm not desperate for the money and i'm more than happy to keep it if i cannot get what i am asking for it. I'm just giving somebody the chance to get a good receiver for less than it would cost new.

I'm more than happy to chuck it on the pile with the other receivers i don't use.

Nano

• Sold elsewhere. Can admin please close the thread.

• It came back to me as it wouldn't work properly with the guys crappy 32" Polaroid LCD from Asda

Polaroid TVs seem to have issues with it. I sold it to a friend as part of an install deal with a motorised dish. It wouldn't display on his TV anything more than 576i without distorting (Cheapo Polaroid TV from Asda). It works fine on my Samsung 19" and on my daughters cheapo Newview 19" lcd on all modes upto 1080i & p.

If you can persevere with the firmware you will have a good box. I just don't the have time or the inclination to play with it anymore.

I'm letting it go for £105 including postage by Hermes. No Offers at all so please don't make me use obscenities on the forum.

Its a genuine one from Lavatronics, purchased on the 30th November 2012, with receipt and is still under its 2 year guarantee.

I'm going to give it a few days here and then it goes on ebay.

Payment by Paypal or Bank Transfer.

Nano

• The pile of junk has packed up completely now. Its going back to Lavatronics when i get chance to return it.

I'm just glad i hadn't managed to sell it. Should be interesting to see what happens when i take it back. Not going to be happy if its not replaced. Its had less than 10 hours use.

Nano

• You have been advised on 3 occasions today that we are happy to take this back for a replacement (or refund though this has only been mentioned in later contact by you) if you would like to simply call the sales line who will provide a return address along with anything else you need include. This has never been an issue and you had a reply both times within moments advising you of this on a Sunday morning - quite why you have chosen to turn this in to a big issue and open a PayPal claim we have no idea, it will however now need to be dealt with via the PayPal claim as we have no other choice, a shame as a quick call and return could have had your a full refund by Tuesday with no argument from us what so ever about a full refund, it's now going to take days for this to come to a conclusion because you have somehow chosen not to give the sales line a quick call but rather open a PayPal claim.

• nano lol....so whats the problem..they offered to refund you the money or exchange, but opening a paypal dispute is a bit over the top..or is there more to it then yr letting on..

• Anthony, I have no intention of bringing this out onto the forum. Paypal is my only protection, I have dealt with companies like yours before. Companies that promise everything on the phone and then nothing.

By dealing with you online i have a full record of what has been said.

As soon as you have given me the address as i have requested on several occasions, I will return the item to you and this case can be closed. How long you wish to drag it out is up to you. I don't really care how bad this may make me look.

If your so happy to offer a refund Anthony then do so and this case can be closed and we can both go on our own merry way and this will soon be forgotten by everyone. Its not affecting me one little bit at the moment.

nano lol....so whats the problem..they offered to refund you the money or exchange, but opening a paypal dispute is a bit over the top..or is there more to it then yr letting on..

And for your information Billy the kid, Lavatronics have not once offered me a refund upto now, they have just said they will let an engineer look at it. If you wish to believe what has been said by the other party thats upto you mate.

• sorry mate, didnt wanna upset you, or come across like that.. i just thought that if they offered you refund or replacement you should have took it..instaed of paypal claim....but hope you get it sorted, im sure lavatronics will as i and mates have bought from them before , have had some issues but sorted profesiionally by them..good luck anyway matey..better stay out of this none of my business.lol..:surrender:

• No problem we will let this run it's course in this case, we will no doubt communicate again in 10 days time when the PayPal case is brought to a head. If in the mean time you would like to change your mind and simply give the sales line a call so they can take your details and provide you with a returns address then that's fine, the offer of this will be left open for you to take at any time until such times as the PayPal claim moves to the next stage, if you'd prefer to stick to what you have instigated then no problem.

• like i said i have no intention of cancelling the PayPal claim until this dealt with. I'm quite happy to wait. i have more than enough money to last me until then :feel_good:

Lavatronics were the ones that decided to bring this onto the forum, not me. I purely stated that i was going to return it, and thats it. i was quite happy to leave it off the forum, as this has nothing to do with anybody else other than me and Lavatronics.

I suppose everyone will have to make up their own mind from this unfortunate event.

Nano

• I'm sure they will, and on that note have a good rest of the weekend :)

• Well i finally got my refund so i'm happy joint10

No problem we will let this run it's course in this case, we will no doubt communicate again in 10 days time when the PayPal case is brought to a head

Not one single thing was said, not even an acknowledgement from them.

PayPal ruled in my favour, maybe the reason why i ddin't hear from them as promised :haha:

Nano

• master G

Added the Label Closed & Expired Trading

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!