sat.xml file update location

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,614 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Well confused where to drop the satellite. xml file with the ftp
    var/etc
    or
    etc/enigma 2

my box version is BH 1.78 enigma 2

Seller says to drop in var/etc

please confirm

• Mine sits in

/etc/tuxbox

to throw a spanner in the works lol

Running Vix

But grabbed this off the net so having it in both may bo of use?

If your Vu+ is slow and feels bulky when scanning through your satellites that you have configured, odds are that the file that contains a list of all transponders and other satellite information is outdated or invalid, containing alot of junk information slowing the process down.
    The best way to sort this problem out is to generate a custom satellites.xml file for only the satellites that you are intending on recieving. Updating this once a year or so is a good idea, since the configuration of these transponders can change – some are added, some are removed.
    Firstly you need to download an up-to-date satellites.xml which can be downloaded from the link below. Just go and select the satellites you want and download it at the bottom of the page.
    h**p://satellites-xml.org/
    Once this has been downloaded to your computer, it’s time to transfer it to your Vu+ box. This can be done with scp, ftp or even with telnet cut’n'paste if you’re a bit tech savvy. Ask the person that helped you configure your Vu+ initially for details exactlh how this process could work best for you.
    Save the satellites.xml file in /etc/enigma2/ – absolutely not in /etc/tuxbox.
    Restart your box. Voila. The new satellites.xml is in place, ready to be used for scanning your favourite satellites.
    Now some of you might be wondering “Why use etc/enigma2 and not etc/tuxbox…?”. Easy!
    The image comes with a built-in satellites.xml, located in etc/tuxbox. This is a system-file and is being updated as soon as an online update of the image is carried out. Also, there could be a possibility the file in this location maybe overwritten by the system.
    You can also use a customised satellites.xml, placed in etc/enigma2. If one is available here, it takes priority over the system-file in etc/tuxbox. If this one is messed up, it can be deleted and the system-file will take over immediately (after an E2-restart).

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Thanks for the quick reply
    For Vix its correct as confirmed on other thread. But for Blackhole there is some confusion
    some says for enigma 1 its /var/etc and for enigma 2 etc/Enigma 2
    My seller send me the SS where he is transferring to /var/etc and told be that he updated my satxml the same way
    But my box is enigma 2 (confirmed ) with kernal 3.1.1 with BH 1.78

As you loaded vix can you provide me the short discrip of how to install vix and provide me the link of latest version
    of vix.My box seems.keep in mind of my box version of bootloader b4 sending be the link

• As you go the solo mate use this one by Our Resident Boss Ten Below

http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…olo-backup-ten-below.html

Unzip to a Usb stick (formatted Fat32) and Shutdown Vu box (Backup or Copy any lines, stuff you need e.t.c) - Switch Off at Back

Plug Usb stick into front of device - Power On

You should get 'Reading USB' and when Finished 'Remove and Restart'

Remove - Reboot and Vix should be ready to configure to your needs!

Add files/lines to box using FTP and all should be Cushty!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Just to clear this up a little.

This not only applies to ViX but to Pli and all OE-A based images as well.

The default location is still /etc/tuxbox like all other enigma2 receivers
    the custom user location is /etc/enigma2/ as i will detail below.

Basically you can still use the default location for the satellites.xml file from /etc/tuxbox and it will work just fine you dont even need to update the file your self as we ( ViX ) update this upon every image update our selves from our own server. if however you do decide to include your own custom satellites.xml file tailored specifically to your needs and you dont want it to be overwritten on a image update, simply place it in /etc/enigma2/ and restart enigma.

The system will then treat this as the new default file and it wont be overwritten on a image update, you can at any time remove this file then reboot enigma and it will return to using the original file from the /etc/tuxbox if you wish.

This system allows you to use custom files without deleting or tampering with important system files and it is the same for many files such as skin files etc.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!