Alien 2 won't boot

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,415 times. The last Post () by mcistalador.

• Flashed my Alien 2 with E2 firmware and now it doesn't boot at all.

When I power it on it only displays the time and no menu appears when holding the okay button.

Only thing that seems to do anything is when I hold menu I can mess around with the display.

I have a serial cable is it possible to flash the bootloader back across?

Cheers

• yeah com port is com4 in device manager so set it to that, doesn't seem to want to talk

do i need to hold any buttons when powering on?

I tried ok button but makes no difference

• no you don`t hold any button when powering on.
    have you the right cable

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• and that is this cable Null-Modem RS232 cable
    Null-Modem (Cross-Wired RS232) cable
    the box doesn't seem to want to talk with the pc then i think that you have the wrong cable.

So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• yeah buddy that's the cable rs232 null-modem
    that post you showed me in the video the box says boot on the screen but mine does not say anything, just shows the time.
    is it possible the box is just bricked and cannot be repaired by serial?

• that is possible
    then i think you must bring the box in for repair.

• I have the same problem, my Alien stuck on boot and do not want to connect with putty, have you fixed the tuner? or sent to the service and they do it?

• These boxes are a waste of time, sorry to be blunt but thats my opinion. Every forum you look at there are questions relating to them being stuck in boot or being unable to load the images to them. The firmware is as flaky as you like and reliability is something i found not to be very good at all. I've had both the Alien 2 and the SHD 8900, both failed within three months. My verdict on them is that they are unreliable and not worth the money or the hassle.

These boxes are going to be another TM800. Nothing works correctly on them and they don't work with CCCam. OK they work with OSCam, but if you've never setup one of these boxes, OSCam is a nightmare for the newbie.

How do you think they can sell such an apparently impressive box for so little money. They are cheap for a reason.

You get what you pay for these days. If you want to buy a Linux box, buy a proper one with proven technology, one with a CPU that works with Enigma2.

Nano

• How do you think they can sell such an apparently impressive box for so little money. They are cheap for a reason.

You get what you pay for these days. If you want to buy a Linux box, buy a proper one with proven technology, one with a CPU that works with Enigma2.

its a shame to see people sucked in by these "CHEAP" boxes . They end up spending hours trying to sort them out when they could and should be watching tv and playing with addons.

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• I consider myself pretty Savvy with Linux boxes and i can honestly say hand on heart that they were the worst two boxes I've ever had the displeasure of owning. The SHD-8900 is now being used as a doorstop and the Alien 2 went back to the supplier, which was a battle in itself. It ended up with me getting PayPal involved just to get an address to send the box back to. I was also banned from the sellers forum. It hails back to the days of Darkman and the Alsat forum, where if you say anything bad about the product or the shop you get banned :ah:

Newbies are sucked in by the cheap price of the Alien boxes and normally end up getting rid of them or using them in Just Spark mode. You might as well buy a Ferguson Ariva 102e or 202e if your going to use it in Spark mode. The Ariva is a stronger box than the SHD-8900.

Unless you are a hardcore satellite user who likes messing i would avoid these boxes at all cost. I can't ever see them working properly under Enigma. They are trying to port software written to work on a MIPS cpu onto a box using a SH4 cpu architecture, its never going to work properly and it will always be as buggy as hell. What makes it even more comical is that the the Chinese have started cloning boxes that are already made in their own country, so you may end up buying a cheap copy of a cheap Chinese box joint10

There has been talk on some of the forums that the makers of the Original boxes are planning some sort of countermeasure, so be very careful if you do buy one of these boxes as you may end up with a brick.

I would rather buy a cheap clone of a DM500HD or a DM800HD than buy another one of these crappy Alien boxes.

Nano

• I have the same problem, my Alien stuck on boot and do not want to connect with putty, have you fixed the tuner? or sent to the service and they do it?

Yes I had my receiver swapped, the bootloader on my box had been corrupted - it only displayed the time and nothing else.
    If yours actually says boot then it's most likely retrievable, are you using the correct cable?

• Eu fico indignado com essa historia de cabo correto,eu tenho um cabo aqui que no minimo já passou 1200 receptores das mais diversas raças e especie vu+duo ,dm,azbox premio e muitos eo único que se recusa e essa coisa amiko alien2 então eu acho que muita converça fiada de quem vende,poderia ter software uma imagem e um loder que forçasse a entrada da img ou fw pois puTTY e muita fracresa de um fabricante ,eu não tenho como mandar a mesma para Espanha pois já tive muito prejuízo
    ja perde 2 amiko 8340 roubado pelos correios do brasil...vamos acordar e dar uma solução e não ficar enchendo linguiça

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!