linux pc stopped reading card

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 227 times. The last Post () by hs5424.

• Hi All,
    Running debian 12.04 in PC with smargo and viaaccess. For some reason the card appears to have stopped running in the smargo. I have checked with 'lsusb' and its still assigned to the same bus 3 . Checked my client box in other room and its a green light so its seeing the server ok. If I browse into cccam info pages it also sees the client box connected. The cccam info pages see no entitlements with no or unknown card inserted. This card and smargo will run in another server if I swap them over. Pulling my hair out. Any checks I can do. It always ran in bus 3 ok that was the first thing I checked.
    Thanks in advance.
    ##################################################
    Sorry Guys,
    Just got it running. It appears to be the same old problem back again which I thought I had addressed some weeks back. The smargo now seems to only run when it is assigned to bus 1. In the past it would only run in bus 3. It also seems to only run in a 4 way hub which I have in usb 2.0 port. I really need to lock this to this bus 1 now that its working.
    Any ideas.

• i had a freesat card in a smartgo and was working ok when my early days of learning. after a update from 10.04 to 12.04 the smartgo stopped working
    i pulled my hair out too, as when i added a omikey, was all ok working
    what have you done lately?> are you using cccam only? or with oscam?

post configs

• Thanks for your reply knippy,
    I changed to using a usb keboard which I presume confused the smargo bus etc, as the keboard is now in bus 3 (where the smargo was located in the past). If I can lock it to bus 1 now that its working I feel this will be problem solved. Also what is the significance of it liking the usb 4 way hub.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!