AMIKO ALIEN SHD 8900 best image.

There are 38 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 12,313 times. The last Post () by Gavin.

• The spelling mistake is a bit of a give away. I doubt very much that it would say that on the original box.

Just use the Paypal resolution center, you will be given the chance to put across why you want a refund. The seller will no doubt express his innocence and swear blindly its genuine, but 99% of the time Paypal will rule in your favour. Its there as a tool to protect you from unscrupulous sellers, so you may aswell use it.

Once inside the resolution center, just start click on Dispute a transaction.

When PayPal rules in your favour which, inevitably they will, you just send the box back by registered post so you have proof they have received it. Once thats done the money will be transferred back into your account.

what i would recommend is that you just pack the box up and stop using it, then start the claim.

if the seller asks you to send he item back make sure you get not just proof of posting, you have to get proof of delivery also, whether that be by Royal Mail/parcel force Recorded or Registered delivery or by a courier. Just make sure they have to sign for it.

To be on the safe side i would recommend using Royal Mail even though it may be more expensive than say Hermes as they are approved by PayPal.

I have had confirmation from a friend who has a 100% Genuine SHD-8900. He has confirmed that the spelling mistake is not there and the manual is crisp and bright, not washed out like the clone one.

This spelling mistake is known by some of the shops selling these boxes on ebay, they just conveniently damage that part of the box so you can't see it.

If you have purchased an Amiko SHD-8900 off ebay and you see that spelling mistake or damage to that part of the box, don't even open it, start a Paypal dispute and ask for your money back. I can guarantee 100% that it will be clone box.

If you want a genuine box you will have to use an approved retailer. Its not worth the risk for the sake of £20.

I still wouldn't buy another SHD-8900 myself, genuine or not, but thats just my choice. This is only posted here to help stop other people getting ripped off like my friend did, its not here to help the retailers of the genuine boxes.

Nano

• Refund information:
    A full refund of £** will be issued through PayPal once the item is delivered.
    Seller's return address:
    Yasir null
    Flat *************
    ****** Blackway Way
    London London E14 9NZ
    United Kingdom

The seller has responded to your case with other solution. 01 Feb, 2013 at 15:23
    Seller's message:
    "Pleases return sat box with all packaging and original accessories "

'cyber-hack' seller - BEWARE

cheeky f***er replied to my negative feedback that way : Reply by cyber-hack (01-Feb-13 15:29):
    user thought box came with cardsharing which i dont support at all!!!!
    would You belive it???

just reported him to ebay (feedback manipulation dept:) and also for Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorised copies :D

• Hey Nano

just realised my alien is a clone had the box 6 months and have really enjoyed it, great box. Where do you get the usb rescue image from. Very rarely go into spark but may have upgraded it to 1.2.61 not sure how long its been out and want to be on the safe side.

Just had a look at my Spark version and its 1.2.60 is this alright, does it have the timebomb in it?

• go back to 1.2.58
    that is i think on the safe side.

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• go into spark
    choose menu
    choose spark + ok
    then update software

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• u should be able to choose which version u wish to upgrade, go down the list.
    how the hell did u managed to start enimgma on it? i couldnt, always stuck on boot after uploading or on actuall upload, have tried almost every possible image, whats urs?

• Don't know never tried, just don't want to f*ck my box up

PKTeam 1843

This is what i have posted on another forum

I have been asked by a few members to post up my e2 image for the amiko alien 8900 this is the image i use

I will post you a link below to the enigma2 image that i use and also a backup of an image setup for 28.2 east all you need to do is enter your cline into var/keys using dcc (dreambox control centre) (can be found anywhere on google).
    put the two folders on your memory stick as they are

Firstly flash the e2 image to your box
    go through the basic setup procedure and then go to menu, pkteam blue panel, down to mount centre into hdd manager then using the left arrow bring up your memory stick and press the green button (mount device) this should tell you that your memory stick was succesfully mounted. next exit back to the blue panel and go to system into backup manager and press the red button, this will then put the backup settings onto your system and reboot your system.

next go into dcc and go into configuration and in the dreambox put in the ip on your box which can be found in menu/setup/system/network/adapter settings

the name in dcc should read as root & the password is pkteam put this in and press reconnect the line between the pc image & the dreambox image should go green if this is the case then go into FTP var/keys right click on ccamd.list and paste your cline in here and then save. Next in DCC go into tools and send command and press restart dreambox and this will reboot your dream box and it should be now working. To access your bouquet press ok & then the blue button and this should then show you folders that i have set up go into anyone you like and click on a channel and it should work

E2 Image _http://ubuntuone.com/5TP6F9hVsSnyJPcdkTLfeQ
    backup _http://ubuntuone.com/7ZnwKdlUOIPkbvILdPi32c

good luck and let me know
    Rikk

This is just a basic for 28.2e but once you get this up and running you can tinker with it. Download other channel lists and change your settings for multi sats

also when you put your box into standby always put it into deep standby otherwise the box will hang up and you will have to disconnect it from the mains ans reconnect

bear in mind that this is just for people who are frustrated after buying the alien 8900 and not being able to get it running. It really isn't a box for newbies although i am finding that a lot of people are buying them and then wanting to throw them out of the window. Anyone who gets this up and running and wants any further advice on how to do other bits and pieces let me know.

This also has crossepg on it just go to red button and press crossepg updater to set it up.

whether it is the best i don't know but it is the most stable that i have found

• If your unsure or don't feel safe just run the rescue image. You will find it on this forum.

Do you think we should have a page where people can list ebay sellers who are selling clones?

Nano

• If your unsure or don't feel safe just run the rescue image. You will find it on this forum.

Do you think we should have a page where people can list ebay sellers who are selling clones?

Nano

Might be a good idea, thanks for the advice. I found an early copy of spark rescue and gonna try it tomorrow.

• Might be a good idea, thanks for the advice. I found an early copy of spark rescue and gonna try it tomorrow.

Hate to bring up a dead thread.
    I updated my box today, found out it was a clone! The U-Boot code is gone in system information, box still functions though, downgraded to 1.2.58se, I still don't see the U-Boot code again (guess its destroyed) However I do see the software as 1.2.58 now whereas on 1.2.61 it said .50 still.
    Do you know If I use the rescue image, if the U-Boot code comes back? Can anyone confirm??
    I found it a nightmare setting up my software on the box so don't want to restore the box if not needed.
    Cheers.

• Just run the Spark rescue image off USB to be on the safe side. These boxes can be repaired now anyway, although it is quite a lengthy process.

Nano

Spark STI 7111 Support

Support for ADOH R1, Amiko Alien SHD 8900, Amiko Alien Mini, Goldmaster HD 1200, Golden Media 990 CR HD PVR Spark LX, Golden Media Spark Reloaded, Edision Argus Pingulux, Edision Argus Pingulux Plus, Galaxy Innovations GI S, SAB Unix F+ Solo, Dynavision Spark, Dynavision Spark Plus, Fulan Spark I+, Truman Premier 1+, Samsat Linux 1, Startrack SRT 2020 HD, FullHD FH 2020 HD, Yumatu Spark, Visionnet Hammer, Visionnet Fireball, Superbox S750, Sogno Spark Revolution, Spark STI 7111 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!